LIII

Ring.....

Ring.....

Ugh, is he that busy?

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves. Now lovely Emma said you wanted to tell me something." I hear him say and I can tell he's happy about his newest hybrids.

"Your father is dead." Stefan simply states, getting straight to the point.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus questions, his mood changing completely.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan speaks with a bored tone.

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus demands, making me think back to the plan we came up with.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." I hear Klaus speak, the hatred he feels for his father dripping from his tone.

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever." Stefan points out and I look at him, impressed that the plan is actually working.

"If you are lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?" Klaus softly speaks.

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes." Stefan says, looking over at Mikael's body.

"Pass the phone to Emma." Klaus demands and I frown, taking the phone from Stefan's hands. "Is Stefan really telling the truth?" Klaus questions, sounding more serious than before.

"He is."

"I trust you, angel. I hope you're not lying to me. I don't tolerate those who betray my trust. I gave you one more chance. Don't screw it up." There is a small pause before he speaks again. "I wanna speak to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem. She is right here." I hand the phone over to Rebekah, letting his words float around in my head.

"Hello Nik." Rebekah greats, looking nervous and I hope Klaus doesn't notice it or we're doomed.

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?" Klaus questions, with that sexy.... I mean British... accent.

What's wrong with me?!

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." Rebekah lies through her teeth and I wonder if she can go through with the plan.

"I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll see you then, brother." She hangs up the phone and turns towards us. "He bought it. He's coming home."

"Now- was that easy or what?" Damon happily asks but I frown since it seemed way too easy for my liking.

"Let's just get this over with." Elena sighs, walking over to the body and she quickly pulls the dagger out of Mikael's chest.

I confess I don't feel guilty for the part of me that wants Klaus dead, but the other part wants to warn him but it doesn't matter... Mikael better kill him and we'll finally have our freedom back.

#############

Stefan and I walk inside Damon's room, walking towards the bathroom where Elena and Damon are but as soon as they hear us walk in, they stop talking.

Are they hiding something from us?

"I need to borrow a tie." Stefan peaks his head through the bathroom door.