XVI

"Hi." I smile as I walk inside the classroom.

"Hey, Emma." Mr. Saltzman says, looking up at me with a smile. "You're early to my class? That's a first." He says in pure amusement and I grin at him because I can't hide the fact that I actually want him to be my biological father.

"I have to give this to you. It's just... a week... or a month late." I scratch the back of my head, looking at him and he laughs, taking the papers from me. "And you can call me Em."

"Sure, Em. Do you need anything else?" He says and I swallow dry, shaking my head. "Can I ask how you manage to fail history and you're behind but you get straight A's in every other subject?"

I have so many questions to ask you but I can't.

"No clue. Maybe history is not as exciting to me as it is for you." I joke and we share a small chuckle. "I'll see you later in class." I rush out of the classroom, deep in thought at the interaction and the possibilities.

I think that could've went better, if I actually could ask him some questions.

I spot Elena and Stefan seating outside at one of the tables and I walk over to them, shaking the thoughts away.

"So has Damon talked to you about Isobel?" Elena questions Stefan as I take a seat next to her.

"He hasn't said a word to me. Everytime I try to talk to him, he shuts me down. He's weirdly looking..." Stefan struggles to find the words to express and I intently look at him. "Down."

I frown. "Down how?"

"I think he's feeling guilty. He cares about you after all, Em." Stefan says and I nod as I look down at my feet.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" I ask, knowing she could answer of my questions.

"He waited 145 years only to find out that Katherine couldn't care less. That's gotta hurt, right?" Stefan answers and I slowly nod my head in reply.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Elena mutters sarcastically and I glare at her because I'm sure she has something up her ass today. "I called the number on the phone you left in my room. It was her." She tells me and I simply nod my head, having known she would call Isobel with the phone the now dead guy had.

"You two have every reason to be upset with him." Stefan states, making my sister nod as I simply listen to them. "Have you thought about what you're gonna do?"

"About what? Isobel? My vampire birth mother who's related to my ancestor, Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother after giving away my actual twin sister. Nah, I haven't thought about it at all." Elena glares and I laugh at her words because it's kind of funny the way she put it.

Stefan joins me, laughing for a second. "I'm sorry I bought it up."

"It would just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother." Elena sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"No vampires at all?" Stefan smirks, leaning closer to her and I scrunch my face in disgust.

"No vampires but you." Elena says with a flirting tone and I look away as they share a kiss. "I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework. Here's a thought... fun."

"Oh, that sounds good to me. When do we start?" Stefan dramatically gasps and I roll my eyes at them.

They are so boring.

Perfect for each other.

"Since I feel so wanted, I'm leaving. Bye losers." I sarcastically state before heading to my first class.