LXXI

"So what's the plan?" I question, taking a seat on the couch of the Lockwoods as Stefan called me to tell me that the Hunter managed to get away from Klaus and he's at the grill holding people hostage.

"So, we each take a different entrance; hit them at the same time." Damon suggests as Stefan walks inside the room and Elena walks over to him.

He's obviously ignoring both of them and I think he knows what happened. Caroline called me to ramble about what Bonnie told her, Damon and Elena seemed to get down and dirty while they were away with Bonnie.

"Stefan!"

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon questions, Stefan reaches his arm out towards Elena and they embrace each other. I just want her to listen to me for once and not play both of the Salvatores like Katherine did.

"Coming up with a plan." Stefan states, pulling away from Elena and turning towards us.

"Yeah, we have a plan. The plan is I'm gonna rip Connor's heart out and I'm going to feed it to him." Damon says with a small smirk.

"That's not a plan. We need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." Stefan insists and I run a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Hence, the open heart surgery." Damon shrugs, a murderous smile on his face.

"Damon's right. Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us." Elena nods her head in agreement and I narrow my eyes down at her.

"That plan... SUCKSSS!" I call out with a mocking tone.

"I called in the hybrids to help too." Tyler points out, causing me to look back at him as Caroline walks inside the living room. "Caroline's mom put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go."

Damon smirks, crossing his arms over his chest. "Good, great. No cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around."

"All right, hold on, you're not all going." Stefan states, sounding like we have many choices.

"He shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in." Tyler growls in anger.

"He's got Jeremy. I'm going." Elena glares at him.

"I'm going and I don't need a reason." I shrug, looking over at Stefan and I wonder if his hesitation has anything to do with what Klaus told us the previous night.

"Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into." Stefan insists, and I shake my head with a smirk when I realise he doesn't want Connor to be killed because we need his tattoo to find the cure.

"Until you figure it out?" Damon narrows his eyes at his brother. "Is that where you've been all morning? Out buying bossy pants?"

"This guy is known for setting traps, right? We'd be pretty dumb to walk into one, especially if he has werewolf venom." Stefan points out as he looks at each one of us.

"Does he?"

Stefan shrugs. "He's had it before."

Damon looks like he wants to kill someone but nods his head in agreement. "Fine, if you want to take some time to do recon, you get one hour. But we're gonna need some extra help. So, where the hell's the Wicked Witch of the West?" Damon fires back at his brother.

"She can't do magic." Caroline informs us.

"Really? Well, call her, tell her Jeremy's life is in danger; maybe that will bring her out of retirement." Damon sighs, walking out of the door but making sure to brush past Stefan's shoulder on the way out.