XXXIII

"Now that you've got this back, what are you going to do with it?" I hold the beautiful stone in my hand and turn towards Bonnie as she has her witch book open on her lap.

"Right now, it's what's binding the sun and moon curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless." Bonnie explains, giving us a little bit of hope that we have been needing.

"According to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful." Elena spits out angrily.

Well, she has a point but if he doesn't know we're alive, we're safe. And I remembered that Stefan is still locked up with Katherine since Jeremy tried to get the moonstone with the ash but it backfired, Stefan stepped in and got trapped in the tomb.

If I were him, I would've killed Katherine by now.

"Maybe. If he finds out." Bonnie says, sounding hopeful.

"Bonnie, can't this wait?" Elena asks, making me and Bonnie snap our heads to look at her. "Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out."

"Stefan wants us to focus on this." I tell Elena calmly.

"Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting us, but he's wrong." Elena replies, causing me to roll my eyes. She's trying to convince Bonnie to get Stefan out of the tomb, so she can get the moonstone and give herself to Klaus. That's why we're testing her, right now.

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not going to let you two get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." Bonnie sighs, shaking her head as I hand her the moonstone.

"What are you guys arguing about?" Jeremy walks in, looking at all of us.

"We aren't arguing about anything." Bonnie states, placing the stone in her bag before walking out room, although before she's completely out of the room she winks at me.

It's show time.

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" He asks in worry, leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt. And Em agrees with me." Elena comments with a sigh.

"Oh, so bringing Klaus the moonstone so you two can get yourselves killed is okay?" Jeremy scoffs, leaving the room in complete disappointment.

I look at my sister and notice her eyes are fixated on Bonnie's bag. She gives me a look before grabbing the bag and pulling out the moonstone, making me shake my head at her.

"We have to do it. You have to let me do it, it's all I'm asking you. Please, understand." She states before walking out of the room and I follow her.

We make our way down the stairs only to be stopped by Bonnie and she's holding a cup of coffee with a curious look on her face. "Where are you going?" She asks my sister, her eyes adverting to me and I nod my head.

"To see Stefan." Elena lies.

Bonnie shakes her head in disbelief. "You're lying."

"No, I'm not." She says as she makes her way down the last few steps but Bonnie steps in front of her, not letting her walk to the door.

"Really?" Bonnie snaps back as I walk over to stand beside Bonnie. "Tell your face."

"She took the moonstone." I tell Bonnie as Jeremy walks over to us, confirming to Bonnie what I have just said to her and Elena gives me a betrayed look. "I understand you're dumb for thinking I will let you do it. We tested you and you failed."

"Em, I thought you were up to this as much as I am to protect the ones we love." She pleads with her eyes, walking closer to me but I take a step back.

"Klaus doesn't know we're alive. Two doppelgängers. Even if you gave yourself in and acted like I didn't exist, he would eventually find out. Let us do this another way. Bonnie can help us." I try to reason with her, hopeful that she'll listen to me.