LXXVI

They are holding a memorial for Carol Lockwood even though it has been a while since her death. My sister and Caroline told me to come to show respect, I should feel bad for what happened but I don't. I was surprised Caroline even called me since Tyler is broken about his mom's death and hating me again.

I take a corner of the hallway to walk towards the gym and frown when I bump into a certain blonde I haven't seen in a while. "I thought you were daggered in a box."

She laughs at my words, pulling me into a tight hug and I join her for a few seconds. "Can you join me for some fun?"

"Am I going to regret it?" I question, narrowing my eyes at her mischievous grin. "Bekah, who was the amazing person that undaggered you?"

"April." She replies and I scoff in complete disbelief. "She was running away from someone and somehow found my coffin." She rolls her eyes at April's actions. "She undaggered me and I told her everything. From us, original vampires, to your little Mystic Falls gang."

"So she's on your side?"

"No, she's on our side." She corrects with a smirk but I'm not sure what side Rebekah is talking about. "Even though they're your friends, I hope I can count on you or I can hurt you. I've compelled them all to obey me."

I roll my eyes, a hand on my hip as I tilt my head to the side at her words. "I'll help with whatever but I won't do anything to hurt them. Understood?"

She nods her head before turning around, heading towards the library and I follow after her. "The class is all here now." She calls out, throwing the doors open and I want to laugh when I see all of them compelled to their seats.

Why don't they drink vervain anymore?

Caroline frowns. "Em, this is not why I called you to join today."

"Care Bear." I wink at her, pointing at Rebekah. "I'm sorry but there's a change of plans. I'm working with Bekah today. For whatever reasons."

"Class is in session. You've all been compelled; you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town." April nods, getting out a book and pen to literally take notes. "Start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learnt, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?"

"A map." Elena answers since she doesn't have a choice.

"Which led to...? Care?" I question, pointing at Caroline who looks beyond annoyed.

She rolls her eyes. "A cure for vampirism."

"Perfect, so we're all caught up." Rebekah grins while I smirk at them, realising Rebekah is the 'new team' trying to get the cure. "Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks."

"Which I still want to kick your ass for." I pipe in, looking at Stefan and he rolls his eyes. I lean back against the wall, letting Rebekah do the talk as she walks around the table.

"Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong." Rebekah's head turns to April in confusion. "What are you doing?"

April looks up from her notes. "Oh, you asked me to take notes."

"She wasn't being literal." I roll my eyes. "But now that you mention it... a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push-pins. Go on." I demand, making April run out of the room within a second.