LXXXV

"Elijah, being a human means a fresh start." Rebekah insists and I roll my eyes since we've been having the same argument for the past half an hour. "I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters."

Klaus laughs like what Rebekah said was a funny joke. "Well, that was poetic."

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah comments, signalling for Klaus to carry on his point.

"Silas can appear as anyone." Klaus says, glancing at me before looking back at Rebekah and Elijah. "He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. Made me think Emma was trying to kill me and that she was... He will torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." I point out, furrowing my eyebrows.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." Klaus turns to Elijah with an annoyed expression. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Rebekah says in a disbelief tone as her brother is willing to do that without a worry.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. Emma can have her brother back. We'll have our family back." Klaus states, locking eyes with me but I look away.

Rebekah scoffs. "Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life."

"Elijah, please." Klaus pleads but Elijah doesn't say a word for a moment.

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus." He looks at Rebekah with a slight smile. "I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness."

"Tell me you're joking." Klaus glares, standing up from the table in complete and utter fury. "Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I made my decision." Elijah sighs while Rebekah grins widely. "And don't turn to Emma to help you. I think Emma wants her friend to be happy." He smiles at me and I return it.

Okay, I already forgave Elijah for what he did to me after all he bought me a 'sorry gift' and it was delicious.

Klaus glares at all of us, kicking back his chair as he hits the table in anger. He leans in his sister's ear and whispers something but I don't catch it and when he stands up straight he walks away.

Rebekah has a weird look on her face but she quickly composes herself as she brushes her hair to the side and clears her throat. "Where is the cure?" She asks Elijah with a smile.

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable." Rebekah gives him a confused look. "Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what you are giving up here." Elijah proposes, making Rebekah and I share a look.

"Fine. Anything." Rebekah nods in agreement.

"I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges-- no strength, no compulsion, no help from Emma, no nothing." He pauses for a few seconds. "If you succeed, if you still believe this is what you want, the cure is yours." Rebekah nods with determination before standing up.

I stand up with her and I make a move to walk out the door but Elijah stops me. "Emma."

I turn around. "Yeah?"

"I mean it, no helping her. I know you just want her to be happy, but promise me." Elijah says and I nod my head, the two of us staring at each other.

"I promise."