XXIV

I walk out the bathroom and I immediately come face to face with the person I thought I was successfully ignoring, rolling my eyes at his presence.

"What do you want?"

"You look good." Damon states, looking at me with a guilty expression.

I cross my arms, narrowing my eyes at him. "I look the same as I did yesterday when you snapped my brother's neck."

"I'm sorry." He takes a step closer to me but I step back.

"Are you?" I snap back, making him give me a sorrowful look before looking down at the ground. "What if he wasn't wearing the ring, Damon?! Did you even see the ring?!" I state, a hand on my hip as I glare at him.

"I did! It's impossible not to see it. It's a big tacky ring." He exclaims, trying to grab my hands but I pull away. "I meant what I said yesterday, Em. It wasn't because I was drunk. I don't love Katherine anymore. I fell for you. I love you, Emma."

"Damon....." he cuts me off.

"I love you because of who you are and not because you look like her. You were the only one that cared for me and you were there when I needed someone. I want to be with you forever even if I don't deserve you." He confesses as I stare at him. "I can't only be friends with you, Emma. I can't! I want to be selfish and be able to make you mine." He smiles, pulling me closer to his chest and he starts to lean in but I slip away from his grip.

"Actions speak louder than words. All you've done for the past few days has hurt me. More than you'll know." I confess, walking out of my room.

############

"What's going on with you two?" I question, mentioning in between Bonnie and Elena as I approach them at the carnival.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie questions and I look at Elena with an annoyed grunt.

What the hell did she tell Bonnie?

"Peachy." I shrug, giving her a fake smile before I clap my hands together, wanting to change subject before they start asking more questions. "Changing subject, what were you talking about before I came?"

"I was just saying that Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish." Bonnie exclaims, cautiously eyeing the both of us. "She's your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you." Bonnie states, mainly pointing at me.

Elena shrugs. "I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got."

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be one of you?" Bonnie questions with a pointed look.

"We don't! And we don't care at the moment." I snap back at her with an annoyed tone, feeling fed up about the Katherine talk and I haven't even spoke to her yet.

Can't wait to meet the bitch!

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie questions and Elena shoots me a glare that could kill me but I simply roll my eyes at her attitude.

"No."

"You're not going to talk to him, are you?! He tried to kill Jer." Bonnie points out as if I wasn't present.

"Don't you think I know he tried to kill Jer? I was right there, Bonnie! Can we not talk about it or about vampires? We're human, we need to do human stuff." I suggest with a hopeful look.

"She's right. We'll focus on our human lives, plus we have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does this all the time." Elena smiles, looking at the carnival around us.