XLIII

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena questions as Jenna clutches her head in pain.

"You called me. You were so scared..." she frowns before shaking her head in realisation. "Oh, I should have realized that it wasn't you." I shake my head because it seems that Katherine is collaborating with Klaus. "The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire."

"Klaus. It was Klaus." Elena whispers horrified.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't remember anything after that." She tells us, looking around anxiously. "Where are we? What happened?"

I look around the part of the woods that we are in and immediately recognise it. "We're at the quarry. He brought us here."

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asks, looking scared out of her mind.

"Jenna, do you remember... When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena questions.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." she pauses, realizes what has happened to her and she has a terrified look on her face. "Oh, god. He killed me."

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. We're going to get you out of here." Elena says and I can't help but to look away.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to help Jenna.

None of us will make it out alive.

"I'm a vampire?" She whispers to herself.

"And I bet you're hungry." The witch says with a smirk, walking over to us.

All of the sudden Elena jumps up and grabs a rock that was nearby. With a simple flick of her hand, the witch makes Elena fly backwards, making me glare at the witch. I start strolling towards the witch with an angry look for hurting my family but she raises her hand my way and I fly back as well.

I cry out in pain when I land on my back and I sit up slowly on my elbows. The witch quickly raises her hand and flames appear around the three of us.

This can't be happening.

Elena tries to jump over the flames but she's stopped when the flames raise higher. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." She smirks at us.

"Greta... Please, just- just let her go." Elena pleads, making me realise that this is Luka's sister who they were trying to save.

Greta grabs the rock that Elena was going to attack her with and slices her wrist open, blood dripping from the cut immediately and I look at Jenna who stares at the blood with an hungry look.

"Klaus chose her." Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna. "Drink it."

Jenna backs away from her wrist for a second before she slowly starts to get closer to Greta's wrist, reaching her hand up to bite her wrist and she quickly drinks the blood.

"No..." I whisper with my hand over my mouth.

Jenna is a vampire now and she can be sacrificed.

Why would he do this?

Greta pulls her wrist away when Jenna had enough blood, making her to fall back to the ground at the sudden movement. The witch walks away from us before spelling a circle of fire about Jenna again to stop her from speeding away.

"Jenna. It's going to be okay." Elena whispers.

"Look at me. Hey, look at me." I whisper and Jenna naturns her head towards us with blood running down her mouth, her eyes red and there's veins under them. "It's going to be okay." I reassure her with a soft smile.