XXVIII

"I need to talk to you." A familiar voice says when Damon opens the front door and I immediately get off of the couch and walk over to the front door to come face to face with my brother.

"Sure. Call me when I'm not busy." Damon demands, trying to close the door but Jeremy pushes it back open.

"Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse. He's not a werewolf yet." Jeremy states, struggling to keep the door open and I raise my eyebrows at the new information.

"Wow, fascinating. Not enough." Damon states, trying to close the door but this time I stop Damon by walking over to him and throwing the door wide open.

Jeremy looks over at me for a second, before remembering that Damon and I are officially dating. "But Mason Lockwood is and he's looking for a moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That's why he's here."

"A moonstone?" Damon narrows his eyes.

"And I know where it is." Jeremy smirks, making me raise my eyebrow at him.

"And you're bringing this to Damon why?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest as I wait for him to start speaking.

"Look, I just want to help, okay?" Jeremy defends himself, looking in between me and Damon and I narrow my eyes at his sudden interest in helping us out.

"What does Elena say about this little hobby of yours?" I question, making Jeremy look at the ground and that is an answer itself. "Oh, you haven't told her, have you?"

"Well, Elena doesn't want me getting involved in all this." Jeremy shrugs, trying to walk in but Damon pushes him back as he knows I don't want my brother involved as much as he already is.

"And you're a Gilbert and you just can't help yourself." Damon states, glancing at me and I roll my eyes. "Wow. Your search for life's purpose is as obvious as it is tragic." Damon gives him a tight smile.

"Are going to let me in or not?" Jeremy asks and Damon stares at him for a few seconds before stepping aside and letting him walk in.

"You're unbelievable." I scoff at him before walking after my brother.

###########

"Ric." Damon states when Ric walks in, holding a box. His eyes roam over me to before he drifts his look to Jeremy and his eyes widen at the sight of him.

"What are you doing here?" He questions.

"Helping Damon. I'm the one who found out about the moonstone." Jeremy says, sounding proud with himself.

"Does Elena know you're here?" Ric asks and he shakes his head, which makes Ric turns look over at me. "I thought you wanted him to stay out of this."

"He doesn't listen to Jen, you think he's going to listen me?" I point out and Jeremy nods in agreement.

"What you got?" Damon questions, walking over to the box with a glass of bourbon on his hand.

"This is Isobel research's from Duke. Her assistant sent it to me." Ric explains, showing Damon some of the stuff he got inside the box.

"Mmm, Vanessa. That bitch." Damon mutters.

Ric gives him a disapproving look but I shrug it off. "Now, do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?"

"Sun and the moon, blah blah blah." Damon trails off.

"An Aztec curse? Cool." Jeremy states, looking at Ric full of interest.

"Yeah, supposedly vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until a shaman put a curse on them to limit their power. Since then, werewolves can only turn on a full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun." Alaric fills us in.