XXXVI

"Cheater!" I accuse as I see him taking more money than he should from the bank. He pouts at me and I laugh as I reach over the bed and plant a kiss to his lips. "I love you, Damon. I'm never going to judge you for cheating. I'm just going to be by your side for the rest of my life." I wink, pulling away from him and this makes him place the game aside and tackle me down on the bed.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

I laugh at his comment before shooting him a soft smile, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I always ask myself the same question."

Damon pulls back and brushes our noses together. "I want to be by your side you when you need someone too. I love you, Emma Gilbert." He smiles back, running his hand on my back and I immediately melt to his touch.

"I love you too." I mumble against his chest.

"Dance with me." Damon randomly states, making me laugh as I look up at him with a 'are you serious' look.

"There's no music." I chuckle, making him stand up from my bed and walk over to my cd's and music stereo, quickly picking up a cd and he presses play.

"Girl, I'm in love with you This ain't the honeymoon Passed the infatuation phase Right in the thick of love...." the music fills in the room, Damon slowly walking over to me as I stand up from the bed, he's quick to twirl me and I laugh heartily at this action.

"....At times we get sick of love Seems like we argue everyday..." I lay my hand on his shoulder when he pulls me towards him and holds me like there is no tomorrow.

"I know I misbehaved and you made your mistakes And we both still got room left to grow And though love sometimes hurts I still put you first......" we sway to the slow tune, not letting go of each other.

".....And we'll make this thing work but I think maybe we should take it slow."

I look up at him and admire the love of my life. When did I get so lucky to have this guy? He's my everything and I don't think he realises how much I have fallen for him.

We dance until the song ends.

"Who knew you could be this romantic?" I comment.

"The word 'romantic' exists because of me." Damon smirks and I burst into laughter again when he picks me up and twirls me around in his arms.

"Damon!" I laugh like I haven't laughed in a very long time.

Perhaps, this will be a good day!

##########

"John Gilbert gave Em this to kill Elijah." Damon tells him, walking over to the coffee table and unrolling a cloth to reveal the dagger and vial I have to him. "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that." Damon informs, holding the dagger for Ric to take it.

"You think it's a set-up?" Ric questions, ignoring our argument.

"There's a fat chance." I say, crossing my arms over my chest as Ric takes a seat on the couch.

"Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him." Damon says, turning to Ric with a weird look. "What are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?"

"Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwoods." Ric explains, making me remember that Elena mentioned something about it to me.

"Where Elijah's the guest of honor." Damon reminisces with a smirk. He does enjoy killing people he despises, still can't get use to the smirk he does.

"Tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party." Ric sighs and I give him a knowing look because it's obvious that he wants to.