LXVI

"You did what?"

"I took her to the hospital." Jeremy repeats with caution as Stefan and Damon shoot me a look. "When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911."

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" I point out, grabbing my phone to text Elena and check if she's alright before texting Caroline to grab her and my brother  from the hospital.

"Every remaining Original except Emma and Rebekah; is going to want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there." Stefan argues, backing up my point.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation.".

"Brother, you see incredible stupid, we're on our way." I demand as Damon hangs up the phone before turning his head to look at his brother.

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest brother on Earth?"

"You know one of us needs to keep moving, right? If Klaus really is the sire of our bloodline, we need to keep his body hidden before Alaric finds him, kills him, and we all end up dead." Stefan points out and I sigh, knowing they wouldn't trust me to hide Klaus alone. "And Emma, you need to run with them as far away as you can." Stefan states, looking worried at me.

"Our life is one, big, proverbial coin toss." Damon sighs, running a hand through his messy hair.

"I need you to take care of Elena and Jeremy. Whoever she chooses. I can't make sure of it but you can... don't keep any contact with me or he'll torture it out of you." I plead, looking down at my phone to see Caroline is on her way to the hospital.

"Don't worry we'll take care of her." Stefan reassures me as we stop in front of the hospital as we were speeding through the streets as soon as Jeremy told us about Elena. "Be safe." Stefan calls out before walking out of the car.

"I will." I smile at him.

"Emma and I will take Klaus' body to meet Bonnie. No hard feelings, E, but I don't trust you won't have other plans If you go alone." Damon tells his brother as he moves to the driver seat and I move to seat at the front of the car.

"I figured as much." I mutter out as Damon speeds out of the driveway.

###########

"Sis." I smile even though she can't see me through the phone. "I heard about what happened. How are you feeling now?"

"Elijah is here." Elena states in a casual tone and Damon's head snaps in my direction with a suspicious look on his face. "He wants to talk to you, Emma."

"Emma, it's nice to hear your voice again. Rebekah told me about the plan. I'm sorry I haven't answered any of your calls. How are you?" Elijah questions, referring to Klaus and I sigh.

"I wish I could say good." I reply, looking out of the window and I can feel Damon's stare on me. "I will see you later, right?"

"Of course, Emma."

"Can we get to the point here?" Damon pipes in and I turn towards him with a glare for cutting into our conversation.

"Damon Salvatore. I never imagined you and Emma could be in the same place at the same time. But then again she has moved on from the excuse of a man you are." Elijah snaps calmly and I can feel his smirk from the phone.

It's a Mikaelson thing.

"What do you want?!" Damon glares at the phone in pure annoyance.

"Don't be a child, Damon." I demand.

"Clearly, Damon still hasn't learn how to respect any of us, Emma. It's quite despondent for a vampire his age." Elijah fires back and I can't help the snort that comes out of me.