XXVI

Emma's POV

"I know that you love him, but why can't you see that he's a bad influence Em? Don't be blind by...." I cut her off as soon as I notice her at my doorframe.

"You're blind yourself and I don't say crap to you. You are being completely hypocrite. Just because you are happy doesn't mean everyone else around you can't be. I'm sorry but I haven't been truly happy for a long time and someone can make me happy and not put me second like everyone always does. I'm always second choice or the girl that isn't from the family. Our parents would put you first. Bonnie would always put you first. The teachers in school and the kids that bullied me for being adopted. Everyone! I'm tired of that, Lena." I shake my head, looking at her with a sad expression. "If I'm being selfish or blind or an idiot... let me. At least I'm happy."

"Em..." I cut her off once again.

"Save it." I state, standing up from my bed and heading over to the bathroom, getting ready for the barbecue dinner that Damon texted me about.

He told me that he's going to kill Mason and it's the only reason that he managed to convince Jenna to throw a barbecue dinner for Jenna's old classmate.

"Look, I want you to be happy, it's just Damon isn't good enough for you." Elena looks at me through the bathroom mirror and I roll my eyes, starting to style my hair.

"Then who is? Tyler?" I argue back and she opens her mouth but nothing comes out. "I don't care about what you think about us. I haven't been happy for so long and Damon makes feel peaceful. Safe. Alive. I don't care that you think he isn't enough because for me. Because I know he is." I conclude before turning around to close the bathroom door before locking it.

She can be so annoying!

###########

I walk inside the kitchen, seeing Jenna pour crisps into a bowl and I take one, smiling at my aunt as I slowly start eating more chips from it.

"You're okay?" Jenna smiles, hugging me tightly.

"I think so." I shrug, looking down at my shoes as I sit down in the kitchen counter.

"Your sister told me you two are fighting." I raise my eyebrows at her words, wondering what exactly Elena told her.

"So...?"

"Well, there are some reasons that I should be mad or worried. Your boyfriend is 25 and you're only 18. I was okay with the sleepovers at his house because I thought you were only friends. Your sister doesn't like him and I don't trust him." Jenna confesses, smiling slightly at me and if only she knew how old he actually is. "But I was 18 once, attracted to older guys. And you seem happier since you met him. I'm glad he can bring out the best of you again."

"Thank you for understanding." I give her a thankful smile.

"I heard you two arguing this morning before she walked downstairs and told me everything. I actually think the whole neighbourhood heard you two." I laugh at her words, playfully rolling my eyes. "I'm okay with you being Damon's girl even if she isn't. But you and your sister need to solve your differences." Jenna states with a serious tone and I nod slowly.

I walk over to her with a grin and hug her tightly. "You are the best."

Jenna laughs, hugging me back. "Oh, I know."

"By the way thanks for letting me invite Care, she could use a day of distraction." I smile at her and she opens her mouth to speak but someone enters the room.

"Good news! Found the shot glasses!" Mason smiles and when sees me, he walks over to me and gives me a hug. "I haven't seen you for a while. You're all grown. You know I was kind of sad when I found out you and Tyler got together but then called it quits. I always thought you were gonna end up together. Guess I was half wrong." He smiles again and I slightly shrug.