After Hours

10:21 pm
Saturday

"Henny pass the bottle nuh" Thalia shouts over the loud music and I pick it up handing it to her.

She's standing next to a tall guy who's ear shes been talking off since we got here. Nicki and Jaz are smoking hookah while snapping themselves and I'm rocking to the music slowly observing the crowd.

Skengs-Eddiat is blasting through the speakers. People are dancing and singing all over the place.

Some simply holding a vibe.

"Dem bwoy doh have no barbiesss" Jaz squeals out when valiant's-Barbies starts playing, she's obviously tipsy.

I giggle shaking my head taking a sip of the tequila infront of me.

There's Hennessey here too but I'm not the biggest fan, eventhough it's literally my name.
The irony of it all, I know.

I stop laughing when I look up and I spot a familiar head moving through the crowd.

But that can't be...
He didn't tell me he was coming?

I nudge Thalia and her head snaps around.
"Yeah babe?"

"Nuh Kash dat?" I ask her and she looks following my eyes.

She nods.
"A you big head man that yes" she says and I shake my head at her hiding the laugh that threatens to leave my lips.

"Me a go to him, soon come back" I tell her and she gives me a knowing look looking back at the guy she was talking to.

I don't think his eyes left her the entire time we where talking.

I take my time going down the stairs before maneuvering the crowd to get to him.

When I'm close enough I call out to him, he turns and looks around confused but it appears he doesn't see me as he looks back at whoever is standing infront of him.

I reach closer and tap his shoulder.

"Bab-" I start before he turns and i see who he was talking to only moments before. My face falls immediately.

Ashley.

I look at him suspiciously and a look of guilt passes over his face. My heart falls.

"Wah dis?!" I ask him glaring in between them.

Ashley has a smug look on her face that I so badly want to slap off.

"B anuh wah you think...me think you did say you neva did go come..a-and Lee say she did a fawud so-" I hold up my hand stopping him

Watch nick name!
I scoff shaking my head as a feeling comes over me, this is so fucked up!

"You win ya gyal, enjoy di pussy hole" I say to Ashley who seems to be enjoying this alot.

I'm not about to fight her or even argue with her. As hurt as i may be you'll never catch me fighting over a man especially when the girl in question hasn't said a word to me.

If she did chat know me woulda dirt har.

I turn to walk away and he holds onto my arm, as if reflex I pull away slapping him in the face.

"Doh fucking touch me!" I shout at him feeling my eyes gloss over.

He holds his face glaring at me.
"Tansaneé fuck you just do?!" His frigid voice intimidating but I don't allow myself to fall victim.

"Why you box him fah?!" Ashley flares up.

"Bitch doh address me wid you whoring self cause me will fuck you up!" I warn her.

I don't know when it happens but my girlfriends appear around me.

Ashley steps towards me and Thalia steps forward.
"Try sumn mi dare you" she pushes her hair back.

"Me nah argue with you stay outta it!" I tell Ashley.

"Gwan to you oman and nuh call back mi phone! Fuck you Kashton!" The exchange is drawing the attention of some of the people around us but i don't care.

I turn to walk away and the girls follow
"If you wah leave we can go enuh" Nicki offers and I shake my head no forcing a smile.

"Nah make nobody son hurt me head enuh"

Thalia smiles,"yes the doll come fi enjoy herself not worry bout no batta ears bwoy and gyal" she says animatedly making me laugh.

Jaz looks at me with concern and I brush her off taking a shot.

Then another..
And another..

Before Thalia notices and holds my hand, I stumble back a little and she looks at me with concern.

Her eyes search mine before she tells me to sit and hands me a water bottle.

"I'm fine girl" I assure her, she doesn't say anything she just looks at Nicki.

A jada kingdom song starts playing and I rotate my hips in my seat to the beat.

Jaz is hyping me up, spuring me on to continue.
It's probably the liquor.

"Yow" I hear the familiar base of Tarieks voice.

My head snaps around with a smile.

"Twin!" I reach for him embracing him in a hug. He doesn't seem to share my sentiments when my eyes find his face.

"Why you look so vex ?" I ask him

He gives me a knowing look and i sigh.
"I'm fine bro"

"Hi Tariek" Jaz says from beside me and he smiles at her almost pushing me out of the way.

What the hell!

They both have a look in their eyes,
"Soon check you back Henny" Tariek tells me moving off with Jaz.

I shake my head, me affi ask har bout that later.

I go back to sit next to Nicki who is vaping, for some reason i can't shake the feeling that eyes are on me.

I shift uncomfortably before looking back to the source of that feeling.

My eyes land on a guy to the back surrounded by a table of liquor and people who I'm assuming are his friends.

There's a girl beside him who is talking off his ear but he seems to have no interest in her as his eyes are on me.

I quickly look away focusing back on Nicki and Thalia.

"Guys da bwoy deh a stare pan me?" I ask them and Nicki waits a minute before looking back.

She nods and I feel uneasy.

"Why? You know him?" Thalia questions and I shake my head no.

"Girl him probably want you, you a nice piece a gyal enuh" She tells me and I giggle.

"Esspecially after da bad whine deh you just buss in ya" she adds.

"Unuh think me fi go over there?" I ask in a moment of boldness. To my surprise they both nod.

"If nothing we deh right here so" Nicki tells me and I nod standing.

Caah believe me really ago do this.
Shit he's staring right at me.