Dissension

TANSANEÉ POV
Same day...

Still feeling a little awkward from the exchange downstairs as I resume Xavier's hair, I try to keep my focus on parting his hair neatly.

"Sorry bout that, me nuh know why mommy a move suh" he apologies.

"Its fine, she probably nuh mean no harm" I try to give her the benefit of the doubt, though i don't even believe that myself.

I wasn't blind to the looks she gave me when she thought I didn't see.

It will always be baffling how people find the ability to smile in your face while holding secret animosity over you. I have no idea what I could have possibly done for her to not like me.

"Stop pick up fi har, she did wrong a just so."he speaks dismissively.

I breathe deciding not to comment,
She's still his mother.

And as much as she may not like me, I rather not be disrespectful to my mother-in-law.

"Nobody nuh deh home enuh" I tell him as he switches through the multiple streaming apps in search for something we can watch together while I finish.

"That's why you come hitch up wid me? And me deh ya feel a miss you miss man" he shakes his head.

I roll my eyes at his accusations,
"Me soon leave, me just neva wah stay innah the house by miself all day"

"Soon leave fi wah?" He asks attempting to turn his head but I keep it in position.

"Because your mom's here...nuh wah invade har space too much" I try to say nonchalantly regardless of the awkwardness that fills the conversation.

"How you a invade har space Saneé?"

I sigh,"Me just nuh wah cause no more problems Xavier"
"How you ago cause problems?"He asks me.

Can he stop?

"Xavier she nuh seem fi like me.." I say lowly my attention strictly on the braid I'm plaiting..

Before he can speak I continue,
"Look how she snap over me doing your hair and the way she looks at me when she thinks I don't see...Xavier mi honestly rather just go home" I admit.

I don't feel comfortable staying in this house with her. Not only has Nathalia warned me about her but i've seen for myself how she is.

Her behavior towards me is weird, considering how nice she acted when we first met.

I take it she was just pretending.

Then again, she is friends with his Ex's mother, I assume it's a preference thing.

He doesn't say anything, we fall into silence as I finish his hair.

Running my hands over the braids, I use my finger tips to massage in between them gently before informing him that I'm done.

"Come now" he sits up and gets off the bed going towards the door.

"Come where ?"

"You nuh say you wah leave?" He asks me, his expression unreadable.

I stare at him breifly,
"I need to wash my hands" I announce, he stares at me blankly.

"Quickly" he commands , I roll my eyes entering the bathroom.

After placing away the hair products I wash and dry my hands making a slight fix to my own hair.

Hearing the sound of indistinctive arguing as I approach the stairs I sigh to myself.