Clear Mind

TANSANEÉ POV
December 8th,
Thursday

Guess I been used to being used like this
Ain't no difference, I'm immortalized in my thoughts
Praise to the most high for protection
Over my most prized possessions
Talkin' 'bout my sanity's at a 6.7
Handing out poinsettias

Sza's voice blasts in my dad's BMW that I borrowed, as I go to pick up Thalia to head to Nicki's house to help her pack for the retreat tomorrow.

Thalia and I had stayed home yesterday to go get our hair done for the trip.

I cut the music when I turn onto her lane in my neighborhood.
"Mamz, me outta door fawud nuh" I lean back in the seat watching her front door.

"You sound like D- suchman, me a come" I raise and eyebrow.

"Sound like who?"

"Wah?me seh me a come" she hangs up.

I shake my head.

Three minutes later she strolls out of the house over to the car.

"Who name D?" I ask her as soon as she sits.

She looks at me with her face scrunched up.
"Girl wah you a talk bout?"

"Feel me nae hear, bout 'D-suchman'" I roll my eyes at her.

She giggles giving herself away.
"Mi nuh know wah ya talk bout" she pretends to be oblivious to what I'm talking about and I don't push her.

All done in dark must come to light.

We arrive at Nicki's scheme in 15 minutes, the security opens the gate for us after seeing that our name is on the visitor list.

"The door open unuh just come upstairs " she says.

We push the door into her home passing her sister on the couch watching some show while eating an ice cream cake.

"Hey Maliyah" we wave to her, she waves back staring at the TV screen.

"Girl this or this?" Nicki holds up two swim suits.

A gold and a black one.

"The gold" I say and she turns away from Jazeera to us.

"Yeah" Jaz says in agreement.

She drops it in the suitcase opening another drawer.

I sit on her bed getting comfortable as she continues to roamage her closet and try on outfits while we judge them.

"Me hungry " I grumble turning over onto my back.

"Wah order sumn?" I ask everyone.
They nod and I open Hugo on my phone.

XAVIER'S POV

"So you really nah go talk to me?" Kat asks standing outside of my door, I sigh.

"Katrina me tell you a ting already-"

"Is that Kat? Hi" she comes to the door.

I mentally groan.
"Hi Mrs.Banks" Katrina greets politely despite how awkward this feels.

I guess my mother caught the tension between us as she retreats back into the house not saying anything more.

"Xavier, I just don't understand why you can't just explain to me why we had to break up...the real reason." She sighs

"I get that you may be going through shit but I want to be there for you, I care to be. Just talk to me" she reaches for my hand and I pull it back. Her face flushes with hurt.