Lifetime

7months later...

TANSANEÉ POV
September 9th.
3:12 a.m.

Groaning face down into my pillow when I hear Sarai cry I hiss my teeth and sit up.

It's times like this I wish her dad was here.

My eyes are still a little cloudy so I rub them, feeling groggy and exhausted. I drag myself off the bed feeling my breast fill by the second.

She just a bawl dung the place like she nuh see the time a night.

Affi go but Sarai wah clock cause this a madness.

"I'm here mama. I'm here."
Leaning into the crib I pick her up, hushing her gently. I pull my breast from my top and place it in her mouth.

Going back into the bed, I sit down while she nurses quietly.

Mi miss Xavier...

"Hun...Henny wake up."
I open my eyes to see my mother, Sarai in her arms. Her hand moving from where she fixed my breast back into my top.

When me even drop asleep?

Her eyebrows knit in concern.
"Are you okay?"

I nod and wipe my eyes.
Stretching followed by a little yawn that escapes my lips.

"What time is it?" I ask,
Me just wah sleep.

"It's 7, I'm leaving for work soon. You sure you can manage school today?" She asks me, the level of concern evident in her voice. I nod, "She's staying with Chanelle today."

Mommy rolls her eyes,
She still doesn't like her.

I've learned to tolerate her, for the sake of Sarai and soley for Sarai.

I get out of the bed and straighten it out, my room is always clean. Something I've practiced since I was very young, not even Sarai's toys are on the ground.

As she done me tek them up.

Quickly finding us both outfits for the day while mommy keeps her company, I then take her and give her a quick sponge bath.

Neva see a pitney love bathe suh.
She's just relaxed enjoying the warm water while I wash her.

By the time I'm done with that it's time for her to leave, "Taj?" I call, he comes to my room door.

Before I can even ask he's lifting up Sarai, "Y pree me general." He starts attacking her with kisses.

She smiles and squeals, "Watch her fi me, me ago bathe." I tell him.

He nods and walks back out.
He's dressed in his upper six KC uniform.

Throughly washing my body to get rid of all the milk and sweat that's on my chest. I complete my hygiene then fix my hair into my signature slick back.

A hairstyle that has become my favorite since miss lady discovered her hands and almost dragged off my wig and earrings.

Likkle girl nearly shame me inna the supermarket me seh.

Once I'm ready and in my scrubs I step out of the room with her baby bag which is mainly consistent of diapers and wipes as well as a few of her favorite snacks.

Everything Sarai needs is at her grandmothers house, I honestly don't even need to send a bag but being myself.

I'm not gonna let my kid go anywhere without what she needs. I don't care how close.