Pretend

TANSANEÉ
November 16th,
Tuesday.

"Watch miss caah fix har face" Jazeera teases.

I hiss lowly putting in my ear pods resting my head on the desk.

"A wah do har?" Nicki whispers, but I hear.

Gyal caah whisper fi shit.

"Hennessey" one of them pokes my arm, I don't look up to confirm anything as my severely sulken mood prevents me.

"Tansaneé!" She calls again rubbing my arm.

I hiss my teeth raising my head to see the three of them staring at me concerned.

Just as I was about to speak the three musketeers entered the classroom. I immediately look away when I see Katrina.

Imagine,Ashley take mi man and Katrina man a try give har bun wid me...Issa plan ting? Kinda mix up this?

"Which class we have first?"

"English" Ashley responds to Katrina while fixing her hair into a bun.

I stand and leave the room when they start talking as I became extremely annoyed being around so many people. Immediately regretting it as I round the corner hitting into a firm figure.

Without looking up at their face I know who it is, I attempt to move around with out looking and he doesn't acknowledge me either.

My mood sulks even more as I walk aimlessly to the bathroom.

I know, I know, I told him I wanted nothing to do with him. But, I miss him.

I miss the feeling he gave me, as crazy and cliche as it may sound I've never felt like that with any one before.

Not that I have much experience, but the few times we were together I felt comfort. Comfort like we've known each other for years and I could be myself around him.

Shaking the feeling I enter the rest room going straight to the mirror.

"How you a prefect and a walk roun wid earpods? you wah the VP kunk you" a familiar voice scolds ans I snap my head around to see Zaiya. I smile at her, she smiles back before her face twists in concern.

"A wahm to you?" She asks.

Am I that obvious?

"Nothing nuh do me" I try to say convincingly, it appears I've succeeded when she doesn't push the conversation.

"Anything you say girl, you have no hair tie?" She asks, I nod pulling one off my wrist and handing it to her. She thanks me and proceeds to fix her straightened hair into a low bun.

After tittering and wasting a little more time in the bathroom I decide it's time to return to class.

Unpon entering I scan the entire room, taking note that Xavier and Katrina aren't sitting together. Matter of fact he's not even in the class.

Neither is Sajay, Nick or Tariek. Thinking nothing of it I go over to my seat getting ready for my last class of the day.

TARIEK'S POV
After school.