Unwanted Reunion

Vote and Comment❤️‍🩹
⚠️this chapter may contain some triggers, read at your own risk

TANSANEÉ POV
📍Montego Bay Convention Center
March 1
12:09 p.m.

That uneasy feeling that settles in you, a feeling that acts as if a warning from your subconscious of the events that precede you

Is a feeling I'm learning more and more to stop ignoring, I sigh and rub Sarai's back.

"Hush baby, daddy soon come." I tell her hoping it'll calm her down until her dad comes back. I press a kiss on the side of her head rocking her from side to side.

"Wa Dadaaaa." She cries more, I sigh.
And sit in the car turning up the AC to cool us down.

"Him soon come Sarai." I assure her, a smile creeps on my face spotting him exit the venue.

"See daddy there." I point her in his direction, he comes to us at the opened car door and looks at his daughter who reaches for him immediately.

He picks her up, "Wahm princess?"
She sniffles and pouts, "I fall dada, look." She points down at her knee.

Xavier takes up her foot and hisses his teeth, "How you fall?" He stares at the bandage I had to put on her foot just now.

"I run and fall when mama say no to."
He sighs and fixes her better, "Sarai you must listen to mommy. Want me to make it better princess?" He asks her.

She nods, he lifts her knee to his lips and gives her a little kiss. "Growing pains baby, you're okay." He hugs her.

I smile at them feeling warmth fill my chest as I watch their interaction. He gives me his attention right after, "You okay baby?"

I nod and breathe deeply turning the car off, he rests his hand on my back.

2:17 p.m.

"Potato chip!" She turns to her uncle, Tariek lifts her and rests her in his lap. She pushes it to his mouth, he takes it she smiles.

"Why you look like mama ?." She asks him.
A dis thing? Who look like ugly Tariek??

"Because your mommy is my twin sister." He tells her, she tilts her head.

"What twin uncle?" Her eyes curiously search his face, "It means we were born at the same time and we look just alike." He tells her.