White Lie

TANSANEÉ POV
Monday,December 19th.
1:00 p.m.

How I feel? Something I have no idea how to explain.

Sitting in my living room with my head in Tajay's lap and feet in Tariek's while watching 'the 100' on Netflix I feel my eyes becoming heavy.

Tariek and I came home from the 6th form weekend retreat this morning. To say I had fun would be an understatement.

The last day we spent there consisted of alot of water sports-which was amazing for people like me that know how to swim-along with scavenger hunts and partying.

All in all my favorite part was the time I got to spend with Xavier.

After weeks of no communication to being able to sleep in his arms, feel his comforting embrace and finally knowing how he feels about me felt great. I didn't even realize how much I missed him .

"Hennessey " I hear my father's voice and look up despite my eyes feeling like they're going to shut.

"Yeah?" I ask, my voice still hoarse from all the cheering and talking I had done a few hours ago.

"You look burnt out man, now me ago feel bad fi ask you fi do this" he says, I smile.

"It's okay, what is it?" I ask sitting up.

"Did wah you collect sumn fi me,it just deliver uppa your shipping place. The money deh pan you card fi get it" he tells me.

I nod, "okay, mi soon go for"

He nods going upstairs.

Exhaling as my eyes feel like they weigh a literal ton, I close them promising myself to only sleep for 5 minutes.

But who was I fooling?
My body jolts awake when I feel Taj moving.

"Move yuh big head nuh bredda, mi know you nah sleep" he hisses.

I open my eyes,"Why you stay suh?" I glare at him sitting up.

Disgusting!

I reach for my phone seeing that it's been an hour since I told daddy I would go get his package.

Shit!

Quickly getting up I head upstairs to brush my teeth to rid my mouth of the dry taste before putting on something a little more appropriate attire.

When I'm satisfied with my look I go to daddy collecting his car keys before leaving the house.

My phone immediately connects to the car stereo allowing my music to transfer through the sound system.

As I drive my song is interrupted by someone calling.

"Wah you want?" I answer assuming it was one of my brothers since they have a habit of waiting until I'm on the road to beg things.

"A so you talk to people?" Xavier's voice comes through the speaker, I freeze as my face flushes.

I clear my throat embarassed,"thought you where my brother, what's up?" I ask