Set Up

Vote and comment!

XAVIER'S POV
Friday,December 24.
6:32 p.m.

"I miss you" she admits lowly, a pout playing on her lips as she lays in bed watching me through her phone screen.

I glance back at my phone and smile taking it up.
"Eee and you love gwan like you nuh rate man"

She rolls her eyes at me,"I get that you're with family but I wanted to see you" she says.

I'm currently in mobay, per my mother's request.
She claims she missed her only children and that we needed to pay a visit and spend time with family for Christmas.

I glady obliged her as I know how lonely it can get for her being by herself all the way in another parish.

"You coulda come wid me enuh" I tell her walking out of my bathroom to my dresser, spraying on my creed perfume and ensuring that my turban was on perfectly.

"You know I couldn't" she rolls her eyes, I shrug.

"Well"

She sighs,

"You look handsome though, where you going?"

"Thanks b, ago link wid some a mi cousin dem" I tell her.

"So you ago leave me" her tone sad, I breathe.

"Me we call you before me go sleep Saneé, it nah go take long" I tell her, she sighs.

"Okay, be safe"

I smile at her,"A just outta ih backyard me a go enuh"

She rolls her eyes,"so?me say be safe!"

"Alright miss feisty, I will"

"whatever, talk to you later" she smiles

I chuckle at her attitude, "Arite bye Saneé"
She blows a kiss hanging up.

Tucking my phone into my pocket I make my way down the stairs to where I see my mother and aunts in the kitchen.

Greeting them to be polite they each respond with warm greetings.

"A caah the baby this" Aunt Symone smiles looking at me from head to toe.

"Not a baby anymore" Mommy inputs looking at me.

"I can see that, you a how much now?" Aunt J asks,.

"18"

I stick around for a little more small talk before going out back.

The contrast to inside is evident as out here carries a scene of the younger generation of the family. With music blasting through the speakers and conversations being held through the spread of the backyard.

I spot my people and go over to them.
"Watch ih town bwoy" Ria points at me drawing my other cousins to look at me.

"Why Symone pitney love see me suh?" I go over to her mushing her head to the side.