Comfortable

TANSANEÉ POV
Monday, December 19.
4:23 p.m.

"Nathaniel a you dat?" I hear the screech of a woman's voice as soon as I enter behind Xavier into his home.

Who name Nathaniel?

I look at Xavier who's face twists in confusion.
"Mommy you did still deh here?"

"I'm leaving right now, I thought you were leaving to go some-" she pauses as soon as she rounds the corner seeing both of us.

Her eyes find Xavier who she gives a questioning look before looking back at me then placing a smile on her face.

I smile back awkwardly looking at Xavier.
"Good afternoon" I greet politely, she returns my greeting.

"I am leaving, just did come fi sumn wah mi leff. Nah stay long" he tells her, appearing as if he was going to leave me there alone.

"Oh" her response dry adverting her gaze from him.
She clears her throat.

"Sweetheart what's your name?" She asks me, I start to feel anxious under her gaze, yet, still I remain confident in my response.

"I'm Tansaneé" I tell her, she nods.

"Very pretty name, unique too" she smiles.

"I'm Chanelle" she introduces herself.

"Me a go fi it and come back yer, Saneé?" I look at him and nod hesitantly. He stares at me for a little while before walking off quickly.

I briefly admire the entrance of his home. Before his mother brings my attention back to her.

"So how'd you meet Natha- I mean Xavier?" She asks me, walking further into the house.

I stand there looking at her unsure of whether or not to follow behind.

She turns to me when she notices I'm not coming.
"You can come enuh...knowing him whatever him gone fah him ago take years fi find" she jokes about her son.

I offer a light chuckle following behind her.
She walks down into a living area, my jaw drops in awe of the beautiful decor before me.

She leans over the couch picking up a handbag and it's then I realize the suitcase in the hallway that I passed.

I guess she's going on a trip.
"You nuh answer mi question enuh" She laughs.

I stare at her confused before remembering.
"Oh" I chuckle lightly, "we met at a party and again when he started coming to Champion" I tell her.