Lowkey

Follow @drunkoffyou_ on Instagram for updates on this book!

XAVIER'S POV
Saturday, December 17th
12:16 p.m

The mornings activities have come to an end and everyone is doing their own thing on the beach.

Tansaneé and her friends are playing volleyball. I watch as she stops to fix her hair into a ponytail before quickly batting the ball back over the net.

She smiles when the other team fails to catch it before the ball hits the ground.

I look away from her when Sajay's voice calls out to me.

"Ih man dem a go roun desso go chill, ya fawud?" He asks.

I mean it couldn't hurt to socialize, not like I have anything to do.

Other than watch off the people dem daughter, my subconscious teases.

I ignore that thought.

"Yeah, sure"

He seems surprised by me agreeing but masks it quickly.

Taking one last quick glance at Saneé I follow behind him.

Entering the space I take note of everyone here while feeling a hot gaze on me..

Who dat a stare pan me dawg?

Turning around in the direction I feel it coming from I spot the same yute that was staring at me the other morning.

Wah him have wid me so?

If I remember correctly he was with Katrina's friend. So wah me and him coulda have so? I don't don't know the guy.

As he continues to throw me dirty looks I glare back feeling the tension building in the room.

It appears Sajay feels it too as he comes back over to me.

"Bredda we ova yasso fawud" he calls me, I look at him before walking with him in that direction.

When we reach, I see a few familiar faces. Some I would refer to as 'friends' and others I've made acquaintance with through visiting Kat.

"Wahm bad bro" Vinny stands dapping me up.

"Deh ya man" i retort.

Vinny,Sajay and Nick are three of the few people I really know at school.

Good people.

My eyes move behind them to another familiar face, one that has an uncanny resemblance to someone.

He seems to feel my stare when his attention is averted upwards, his eyes find me and his eyebrows scrunch together as an unreadable look passes over his face.

So two man in ya nuh rate me...zeen.
I don't know what I did to anyone but me nuh beg man rating yuh zi me?

"We ago beat up some liquor and play pool"

I pick up one of the sticks moving around the table after setting up the balls.

I still feel the gaze on me, its starting to annoy me.