'The Other Woman'

XAVIER'S POV
Same night.
9:54 p.m.

Hissing my teeth, I sit down where she formerly say with the car door open watching her go down the stairs.

The look of betrayal and hurt that passed over her face only moments ago flash my mind. She seemed genuinely hurt that I defended Katrina.

Why did I?

I don't know, but I find it hard to believe that Katrina would initiate a fight, especially with someone who she has no reason to fight.

Its not like she knows about Saneé and I.

Unless she does?
But how?

We were no where near eachother when she came in.

Pushing that to the back of my mind I sigh reaching for my vape when a figure appears infront of me.

I look up to see Katrina standing above me. Her hand resting on the top of the door effectively caving me in.

I stare at her confused waiting for her to speak, "You and har deh?" She asks in a weird tone.

I stare at her blankly.
Why she care?

"So you caah answer? So we a move?" She chuckles.

"Kat you fight har because you think me and har innah things?" I ask her, staring into her eyes to pick up on any sign of dishonesty.

She scoffs mocking offense.
"How me woulda know if unuh innah nothing?" She asks innocently, "She come and start fight me fi no reason, that girl been no like me or mi friend them and its even worse now since Ashley take har man."she adds.

I'm shocked by her statement but I don't show it,
So them really been have animosity?
That's what Saneé did mean when she say Kat and har Friend dem nuh like har.

"Me just did a wonder if unuh deh because me see when unuh come out here together" she shrugs.

I remain silent.
"Xavier just tell me nuh, me know seh something affi deh gwan between unuh. Is she why we broke up?" She asks..

Yes..

I don't respond, feeling her place her hand on my shoulder, gently brushing it off I watch as her face contorts in an unreadable expression before she masks it.

"Kat, why you care so much?" I ask her.
She stares at me, the anger building in her eyes.

"Because me care bout you and Hennessy is not a good person, wah you even see innah the bitch!" She raises her voice slightly,

"Watch you tone and there is no need for name calling, we lef and a just so." I shrug.

She shakes her head and laughs.
"Xavier be so for real and tell me you don't miss us" she moves closer to me leaning down and placing her hand on my crotch.

I watch her actions as she leans closer to my face leaving us mere inches apart.

Our eyes meet and for a second I get lost in them before snapping back to reality.

I gently push her back before our lips can meet. Her face flushes with hurt before she quickly masks it with a laugh.

Her entire body language changing.
"You ago regret this" she mumbles moving away from me.

"Good night Katrina" I wave, she shakes her head waking back into the house.

I sigh taking up my phone.