Nothing

XAVIER'S POV
Monday,Nov. 7th
11:45 p.m.

Nothing she says.
You said it was nothing too..

That's different, I'm me.
I don't know who she's fooling either, because it's not me and that 'I'm not looking for a man' bullshit she tries to use as a backitive is so cliche.

"Babe" Katrina touches my arm drawing my attention to her. She has me seated at a table with her and her friends but this entire time I've been stealing glances at Saneé who is across the eating area with her friends.

She laughs and turns to her friend.

What a gyal fi pretty.

Her long curly hair is caught up into a low bun leaving her flawless face on display.

She smiles and her pearly white teeth are complimented by her glossy lips.

Her brown eyes leave them for a second and she looks at me, shifting before looking back at her friends.

I can tell she's fighting the urge to look over here.

"You coming on the retreat?"She asks and I look at her with the most confused expression

She expect me fi read har mind?.

"Sixth form christmas retreat, we're going to A.C.hotel for the weekend"

"Oh" is my uninterested response.

"You coming?" She asks looking at me expectantly.

No.

"I'll think about it"

We nah go no weh

"Xavi?" I hear a familiar voice and turn.

"Wah ya do yasso?" Sajay comes over dapping me up.

Sajay

"Yknow how ih go more while" I say simply and he nods giving me a knowing look

His eyes fleet over to Katrina then back to me.

"You good tho bro?" He asks and i nod

"Deh ya"

"Long time me nuh see you enuh yute"

Sajay and I met at sumfest one summer, then again when I came to see Kat one weekend.

He's cool.

"Ya but me innah ih place now" he nods and a yute that looks familiar calls to him.

"Me affi cut, link again?"

"Yeh bro" He turns to go in that direction.

My attention goes back over to her but I notice that she's standing to leave.