Trouble

TANSANEÉ POV
Monday,Dec. 27
9:30 p.m.

My face flushes with embarrassment feeling Xavier's unwavering stare on me.

I know he heard that.

"Mommy mi-"

"No a miself mi a talk to?? Ya big woman now?! Find you bloodclaat yard!" She sneers, I sigh

"Okay mommy" my voice defeated hanging up the phone.

"A wahm?" He asks me, I look at him feeling waves of embarassment and frustration hitting me like a heavy tide.

How me ago explain this to him?

"I have to leave, I'll text you when I get home" I tell him fighting the urge to cry.

Why mommy caah just chill?

I told daddy that I was leaving and that I would be out for a while and he was fine with it, so why she affi always have an issue?

"Somebody a come for you?" His eyebrows furrow looking down at me, I hesistate before shaking my head no.

"So how you ago reach home?" He asks,
"Call wah Uber or In-Dri-"

"My girl you take me fi waste man?" He cuts me off, he sounds offended.

"I just don't want to inconvenience-"
I stop talking immediately feeling even more embarrassed and frustrated when he hisses loudly.

"If you ready we can leave but no tell me no fuckry bout lef and take Uber cause you nuh wah inconvenience me" his voice gentle yet still managing to be stern.

I nod remaining silent.

"Come on" he takes my hand leading me behind him through the crowd with a firm grip just as Jada Kingdom starts performing.

I huff to myself becoming even more annoyed since her performance was the one I was looking forward to the most.

She's performing her song, 'Tek it' bringing back memories that make me smile a little despite my sour mood.

That night.

We approach the parking lot and he opens the car allowing me to sit in while he does something on his phone.

He joins me shortly after, the car filled with silence with exception of the muffled sounds from the concert.

"Mi know seh you nuh wah lef so why you a go home b?" He asks, I break my gaze that is plastered on the cars surrounding us.

I sigh, "Xavier, mommy a be mommy so mi affi leave. I'm sorry for making you leave" I apologize.

He shakes his head, "You nuh affi apologize to me bout nothing, me take you out fi spend time wid you and me glad mi get fi do that"

I offer a small smile at his words.

The rest of the drive is silent as I anxiously anticipate what awaits me when I arrive home.