Nostalgia

Been a while lol...remember to vote ⭐️
Did not read this over completely 🙈excuse any mistakes PLEASE

TANSANEÉ POV
5:43 p.m.
Same day

"Mommy we literally deh a Mina shop we soon come" I tell her, my tone displaying my exasperation with her as she's been calling to check up on us since she found out we left out.

Mi nuh know why she nuh call her son enuh.

"Oh me see unuh now!" She says before hanging up, I shake my head taking my phone off the charger as we're approaching the house.

I take a look around feeling nostalgia fill me, a smile appears on my face when I spot my cousins sitting in our usual spot under grandma's mango tree.

They see the car and look as if trying to see who it is. Xavier powers it off, I look at him.

As I'm about to say something my door flies open starling me, Kya and Milan both jump on me hugging and squeezing me.

I smile and giggle hugging them, "Happy belated" they both scream.

I laugh, "Thank you"
They then start talking before Kya's eyes go behind me. She looks in between us before raising an eyebrow at me.

"This boyfriend?" She asks cheekily, I blush and nod.
"Xavier meet Kya and Milan, girls meet my boyfriend Xavier" I tell them hearing Riek's car pull in behind us.

They smile at us before their attention is captured by Tariek coming out of the car, his voice being the first indication of his presence.

"How me nuh smell no pot pan stove?"
Milan rolls her eyes.

"Everywhere you go wid your belly!" She says walking over to hug him.

He chuckles hugging her with one arm as his other hand is holding Jaz's.

She stands there looking shy.
She soon get used to it.

"You nuh wah come outta the car?" I ask Xavier who has been awfully quiet.

He nods and pulls his door stepping out.

Walking over to him I hold his hand leading him up to the veranda, Mommy pulls the gate pulling me into a big hug leaving a kiss on my cheek.

Before going to hug her son in law.
"How was the drive?" She asks him,
"Long" he chuckles lightly.

She smiles, "Well, welcome to where I spent my earlier years of life."

"Climbing tree and swimming in river when Tanesha tell har fi go sweep yard" daddy smiles coming towards us, she rolls her eyes at him playfully.

I immediately take off my shoes and walk into the house hugging him, he squeezes me before releasing me.

I step back giving him space to greet Xavier before going straight in to my grandmothers room.

"Nana?" I call slowly opening it, seeing her sitting up at the foot of her bed I smile stepping in.

Once she notices and recognizes it to be me she smiles, "Tan Tan" she calls outstretching her arms to recieve me.

I go in gently to hug her but her strength surprises me as she pulls me squeezing my body.

"Baby you know how your nana miss you?" She asks kissing my cheek, I kiss hers.

"I missed you too, how are you?" I ask sitting next to her.

She sighs, "I trying to keep up baby" her voice makes my face fall I try to hide the feeling that comes over me with what I say next.

Smiling I speak, "Can seet it man, 68 where?? Young gyal dem could never mama" she laughs making my smile spread.