Family

XAVIER'S POV
Saturday,Sept.21
4:18 p.m.
📍The James Residence

"Sarai I said no" I tell her my voice slightly more stern than her mother's. She stops and looks at me, her smile falls.

Her little face now made up.
She stares at me after awhile reaching for it once again, "Sarai." I call again, my tone authoritative, my stare focused on her.

She pouts, her face looking just like Saneé's when she's told something she doesn't like. Her mother's own child.

"Da!" Her lip quivers, I sigh.
She looks at her mother who shrugs, "Daddy says no baby." She tells her with her eyes on the laptop.

She huffs and blinks her eyes hard then opens them twice. I quirk an eyebrow, "Roll you a try roll you eyes after me little girl" I pinch her cheek gently. She pouts staring at me, "I said no, that means no Sarai"

Her eyes fill with tears, "Maama" she starts to cry  reaching for Saneé who shakes her head picking her up.

"Sorry baby,daddy being mean huh?" She hushes our daughter. Rocking her from side to side while patting her back,  I hiss my teeth.

She continues to cry in her mother's arms, it makes me feel guilty.

Jah know?

Saneé pulls down her tank top freeing her breast to put in her mouth.

I stare at her, she looks up at me with tears running down her cheeks as she sukkles on her mother's chest. She repeats the same action of blinking her eyes at me again.

I shake my head, Saneé chuckles.
"You hurt the lady feelings, she vex bad"

I sigh, "Baby?" I reach for her.
San unlatches her, she looks at me.

She vex fi real.
Miserable yuh fuck

I pick her up, "Daddy is sorry okay?" I kiss her cheek. "Dada loves you mama"

She sniffles, "Da, ie" she points her finger to the fridge. I move towards it taking out a cube for her, "You miserable like you mommy enuh princess"

She sucks on the ice before taking it out of her mouth and pushing it to my face. When I don't open my mouth she puts it on my lips.

"Aaa dada"
I smile at her, "I don't want any Sarai"
She frowns before the waterworks start again.

I sigh and open my mouth, she puts the basically melted ice into my mouth. "Daaaaa!" She screams.

I look at her mother, Tansaneé has her eyes trained on the laptop before her. She has an exam in the morning, with me being on the road all day and Sarai teething I doubt she got a minutes break.

Not wanting to break her train of thought after seeing how locked in she is to her notes I simply make my way outside with our daughter.

"Dada?" She calls, I look at her.
She just smiles, the little speck of white on her gums I see making me feel bitter sweet.

Me baby a grow up, caah believe she a 9 months a get teeth already.

"Come on we ago seh hi to grandma." I walk out to the backyard where Ms Janae is sitting, she's on her iPad watching some show.

"Mommy!" I call, she looks up and smiles.
"Hey hun, heyyy my bunny." She chips in her baby voice.

Sarai starts reaching for her, I lean her down and place her in her arms.

"Who's Gamma's favorite?" She kisses her, Sarai giggles.

"You okay son?" She looks up at me after fixing Sarai in her lap, I nod. "Me gov, just come  check pan them."