Chapter 179: Shiro Masakatsu vs Shinryuu Ito

*Flashback*

12 years ago

Shiro POV

A winning streak of 10.

How dull. 

None of these students could even challenge me.

Why bother with children who are born without talent to even be in a place like this? 

I knew from that this place wouldn't be for the faint of heart.

I've been here since birth. 

I was told that the Masakatsu clan allowed me to study in a place like this as my own family and of course Ayanokouji-sensei himself saw potential in me. 

I studied and learned martial arts every day.

It always felt like a struggle. 

I see children slowly but surely fail. 

It's honestly disappointing but that's just the way it is. 

I was viewed as a prodigy at least when I started taking notice and interacting with two people in particular.

Both have opposite personalities. 

One is expressionless and the other is a person whose crimson eyes tell that he's someone to be feared.

Even though I didn't care for those two at first but my interactions with them changed a lot. 

I wasn't interested in making friends in this place. 

After all, I was thought to have a winning mentality. 

That losing means you squandered your potential. 

Humans possess strength and talent whether it be from birth or from the environment they're in.

But what are humans exactly? 

Why is it that some of us live normal lives while there are those that live a life full of luxury? 

Why is it that society and humanity can't be equal? 

Why does everyone have their own kind of freedom?

Freedom?

Yes, a word that stuck to me.

What is it about freedom that intrigues me? 

Is it the fact that when I realized that there was a world outside of the White Room? 

I think so.

The White Room is a nice place but... 

I wanted to see what the outside world is like.

Why we the children of the White Room can't experience it until we get broken down and sent outside to live in trauma? 

Why is that?

What is the true meaning of freedom?

-

-

-

Present

3rd person POV

The forest slowly burns from the Molotov that was used earlier. 

Both Shiro and Shinryuuu stared down at each other as the flames in the background start to spread. 

Shinryuu: Hold on, I've seen you before. 

Shiro was unmoving and wore a serious expression. 

Shinryuu: Not talking, are we?? that's fine. I don't know exactly you're name but either you're an idiot to even kick me like that or you're the bravest man in the world. I think you're in the former.