Chapter 185: The Reunion

Just before Class S's rescue mission begins.

Class C's camp

1:17 AM

3rd person POV

Kanzaki: Yukinoshita-san, what are you doing so late at night?

Yukino: I wanted to check what's been going on with Hikigaya-kun. He's been acting strange for a while now. He seemed moodier than his usual self. 

Kanzaki: I do agree.

Yukino: Really?

Kanzaki: You noticed the bad dreams as well, right? 

Yukino: Yeah, must be something to do with that. 

Kanzaki: Any idea what he's dreaming about?

Yukino: No idea but it's weird.

Kanzaki: What?

Yukino: He's been naming some old friends of mine from high school in his sleep.

Kanzaki: Maybe he misses his old friends or something.

Yukino: That wouldn't be likely. There's more to it than that. He's never acted like this when he was in Sobu High. 

As the two conversed. 

Hachiman, in his deep sleep began to dream again. 

-

-

-

Hachiman POV

Hu...huh!!?!?

Oh, I'm back here again. 

Great, I wonder what will happen to me this time?

Is Yuigahama going to shoot me with a rifle?

"Hikki! you're back again."

Speak of the devil.

"You again." I spoke. 

"And me!" suddenly Iroha or at least a subconscious version of her arrived as well.

"Seriously this is starting to get old. Why am I still dreaming about you guys?" I asked.

"You lost didn't you?" Yuigahama spoke.

"What?"

"Your darkness has grown more and more when you lost to this Katagiri person." she explained but oddly condescending?

I stayed silent. 

Not wanting to entertain this girl any further. 

"Senpai, it's okay to lose at least if your heart knows to let it go." Iroha now spoke as well. 

"What does that mean?" 

"I know you've gotten stronger, but you know up to now. You've done nothing but pull one dirty trick after one dirty trick." she went on. 

"I did what needs to be done." I argued.

"Have you ever even thought that you were a little lucky?" Yuigahama suddenly asked. 

"Lucky?"

"I mean you fought some pretty tough opponents. In fact, that overnight exam. Ryuen would've won if it weren't for that coin Komachi-chan gave you." she said.

"Then you decided to play much dirtier ever since. That's not what you were back then Hikki." she added.

"This conversation is tiring already. I wanna wake up now. Go on, do any of you have a rifle you can shoot with?" I inquired.