Chapter 207: Impossible Odds (Part 2)

The day before the exam

5:04 PM

3rd person POV

Horikita just went back to her dorm. 

As she opened the door and opened the lights. 

Horikita: What the!!?

Sitting on her bed was an unexpected visitor. 

It was the Devil himself. 

Haru: Hey Horikita!

Horikita: What the hell are you doing in my dorm!? 

Haru: Your bed is surprisingly comfier than mine. 

Horikita: Get out...now.

She took out something in her bag and it was a compass. 

Haru: Oooohhhh scary! A compass? A knife would've been more threatening FYI. 

Horikita: How did you even get in here? 

Haru simply showed a keycard similar to hers.

Horikita: *Sigh* I forgot people can do that. 

Haru: Don't worry, I'm not here to screw with you. Let's just talk for a bit. 

Horikita: Get out of my bed. 

Haru: Alright, geez!! That's fine though. I have a pretty busy schedule anyway before the exam tomorrow. 

Horikita: So, what do you want this time? If you're asking me to work with you. Not going to happen. Besides, I'm done pursuing you. 

Haru: You're giving up? 

Horikita was silent but it was enough of an answer for Haru. 

Haru: Listen, as much as I hate you. You put a lot of effort in trying to get your revenge but achieving victory over me is far beyond your reach. 

Horikita: Are you here to just gloat? 

Haru: Naaahh!! It's pointless given that you have the potential to put more of a fight than that. Your brother would've stood a better chance against me compared to you. 

Horikita: Don't...even mention him. 

Haru: Now that I think about it. It's a shame that I never really fought your older brother. I watched him race against Kiyotaka in the sports festival. He's quite good but not enough to beat him.

Horikita: So, you're just here to insult Nii-san now? 

Haru: Of course not. To be honest, you're not even worth beating up anymore. 

Haru then grabbed his phone as he typed in something. 

Horikita: What are you doing? 

Haru: Look at your phone.

Horikita then grabbed her phone and noticed the number of private points she had drastically increased. 

Horikita: What...is this? 

Haru: Don't get used to it. That will the first and last good thing I'll do for you. That's for compensation for having to pay Koenji every month. 

Horikita: W...why are you doing this? 

Haru: Like I said. This is the only time I will be charitable to my enemy. If you consider getting in my way again. Expect seeing expulsion before your graduation. You wouldn't want your Nii-san to see you gone from this establishment just before graduation. You should be thankful I got you to Class A. Your grudge against me is completely worthless. I've outsmarted you in every conceivable way. You proved that you could grow and develop yourself as a better person but battling the likes of me or Kiyotaka is beyond you. You should accept your limits. You'll live longer that way. You can choose to work with me or against me. It doesn't matter to me anymore. You're all but mere pieces on a chessboard. You and I don't play the same game.