Chapter 282: Victory? (Three Kingdoms arc Aftermath)

After the exam

3rd person POV

With the battle over. 

Ayanokouji looks at the person he knocked out. 

Yamato was still out but knew that something was wrong. 

Ayanokouji: (It felt like he wasn't going all out. Strange. Does this mean he had something else in mind? Whatever it is, I can't worry about that now. I already won.)

Shiro (Masakatsu): You did it!  Nice work there. 

Ayanokouji: Thanks, but...

Shiro: But what? 

Ayanokouji: Never mind. Let's go meet with the others. 

-

-

-

Near the gate leading outside the campus

Haru was already waiting for the bus to arrive. 

He has officially dropped himself out of school. 

Normally it would be sad for a student to leave but not in Haru's case. 

As Haru waited.

A certain figure was beside him. 

Shinji: So, the 3rd years have won. I guess this means you've won the bet. 

Haru: Now let's get down to business. What is this organization that you speak of?

Shinji: You want to know so badly? Very well, you did earn it.

-

-

-

Shinji: The organization I came from is called "Decay of Angels". 

Haru: I think it sounds like the title of a novel that I actually read before. 

Shinji: It's a reference to it. 

Haru: I see.

Shinji: This organization isn't just a black-market organization in fact it's actually more than that. Since you are the person that I was supposed to target. Spilling my secrets to you isn't going to get me killed. 

Haru: Killed? Your organization must like having their info completely classified. 

Shinji: You see, the Decay of Angels is actually a terrorist group. 

Haru's expression changes as soon as he heard it. 

Haru then looks at Shinji.

Haru: I'm listening.

Shinji: It intrigues you, doesn't it? You see my organization isn't as well known in the criminal underworld, but its head figures are dangerous criminals from foreign countries. Most of them residing in Europe. 

Haru: Then why set up operations in Japan if they're from Europe?

Shinji: If I tell you now, that will spoil the surprise of our grand plan. Though I'm not interested in what they're planning when they first hired me. They are kind enough to pay me as much as a million yen in order to do their bidding. 

Haru: I understand now. So, you are a hired mercenary. Then again there are instructors in the White Room who are also mercenaries as well as Tsukishiro-sensei himself. 

Shinji: I'm assuming you knew that I was a mercenary this entire time.

Haru: Your cold, calculating nature tells me that you are one. I mean how would it be possible for you to have access to illegal things in the first place, such as those drugs that the 6th generation used to subdue Suzaku and Tatsuya.