Chapter 253: With us or against us

3rd person POV

The faucet was on as the water flows into the sink. 

A certain 5th generation student just washed his face as he looked at himself in the mirror. 

Yagami: Should I continue this charade? 

He then looks at his disguise which was the black-haired wig that he had and his blue contact lenses. 

Yagami: *Sigh* better than to be discovered by the entire school. 

Just then he hears knocking on the door. 

Yagami: Hmm?

He immediately puts on his disguise anticipating someone from his class or someone else who doesn't know his identity yet. 

Takuya opened the door to his surprise.

It was Shiro (Masakatsu). 

Shiro: Yo!

Yagami: Ohhh it's you...

Shiro: You could've joined in the meeting a few weeks ago. I already texted you 7 times about it.

Yagami: And I refused.

Shiro: Still not planning to join me and Kiyotaka-kun?

Yagami: I have thought about it, but you think I'm that willing to join you just because Ayanokouji-senpai himself told me to? 

Shiro: He's not fond of working with you either. However, he does find your skills useful like he said before. At least he does acknowledge you. Are you not content with the Masterpiece himself telling you such a thing?

Yagami: So, what if he acknowledges me? It doesn't change the fact that he continues to be better than me. You think I'm going to let that slide?!

Shiro: You didn't make your choice yet, haven't you? It's the end of Winter Break and you haven't contacted us. Why do you still continue to hold such a meaningless grudge for so long? 

Yagami: Meaningless?!!?

Shiro: Kaito-sensei told me that if Kiyotaka-kun defeated and humbled you. You would've been able to work with us. Though I suppose my expectations were a bit too high for someone of your ego. Well, there's not much I can do about it. I suppose for you, it's better to die trying rather than live in humility. I had high hopes for someone of your talent 5th generation but...

Shiro turned to Takuya, and he had an emotionless expression nearly similar to Ayanokouji's with that cold stare. 

Shiro: You utterly disappoint me. 

He then left leaving a bewildered Takuya but then...

Yagami: Hold on! 

Shiro stopped.

Yagami: Are you here just to mock me?!

Shiro: You're lucky that I'm more merciful than Kiyotaka-kun. Trying to defy someone who's obviously stronger than you would've been a death sentence. Kiyotaka-kun told me he wouldn't hesitate to break your neck if you continue to push his buttons in his usual calm voice. 

Yagami: What? How the hell could he this nonchalant about breaking my neck!?

Shiro: Because he knows he's stronger than you are already. He never considered you a threat.

Yagami: That's not true!

Shiro: Is it though? You couldn't outsmart him nor beat him in a fight. He had a more difficult time with Akuma than you. 

Yagami: What are you saying? 

Shiro: I've seen how Akuma Yamato thinks. He's cold, calculating, remorseless. His strength is also on another level.  To be honest, I don't think anyone can handle him in a 1-on-1 fight. In fact, the only loss he had so far is during a team event in the sports festival and Kiyotaka-kun and I had to team-up to deal with him and Masaki. We barely managed to win that one or even our initial encounter in the Island Battle Royale. No doubt he's like Kiyotaka-kun. Someone who constantly adapts to anyone and everyone he deals with. But if I'm being honest, I think Akuma is still holding back a bit.