3

Getting pancakes as Lucifer offered turns into going back to the Hazbin Hotel, where he promptly shut himself into the kitchen with a promise of a full breakfast feast for all. Barely gave you a moment to try to say he didn't need to cook before he was gone after miraculously changing out his suit for a Michelin style outfit with a snap of his fingers.

For a short time there, you thought he meant going out for food just as the two of you, but maybe that was wishful thinking due to his charm. Oh, stop that. He's Charlie's father, who referred to you as almost as cute as his daughter, you doubt he'd want to be alone with you another second now that he's sure you're no threat to his precious child.

"What's eating away at you?" You look up from your phone where you'd been mindlessly scrolling Sinstagram while you wait for the supposed feast, Husk taking a seat opposite you at the large dining table Lucifer left you at. He takes a chug from a bottle of whiskey before setting it down in front of you. "Long day, kid?"

"You could say that." You mutter with a shrug, looking back down at your phone before you click it off. Micromanaging off the clock can't be healthy, you're sure not much will have changed by the point you get back to work tomorrow.

"You ever gonna tell us what your day job is?" Husk asks as you put your phone away, so you're no longer tempted by it. "Might help you unwind from your day if you could talk to people about it."

"I'm a personal assistant with my main focus being on social media market campaigning." Lucifer might know who you work for, Alastor probably put two and two together as well after seeing you at Vox's side and if he heard the way you and he talked, but you're not sure how any of the others would feel about it. Especially because you know Husk hates Valentino almost as much as Angel, and Valentino is Vox's partner.

Husk just blinks at you for a moment, as if what you just said to him was a whole new language he's never heard, before he took another chug from his whiskey bottle. "Better than half the stuff some of us have had to do here. Now I know why you're on your phone so often at times." Yeah, you are a lucky one in the consideration that some people are forced to literally sell themselves just to live here.

The thought of Valentino's poor workers leaves a sour taste on your tongue. You think that Angel's job might just be one of the worst, honestly. Even being one of Velvette's screamed at models would be better than what Valentino forces that poor guy into.

A shimmer of golden light overtakes the table, starting at the end closest to the kitchen where Lucifer has been noisily working away behind the doors. The clatter of pans and occasional words from the King and you're sure his daughter inside had turned to white noise after a short time, until you recognized his golden light as it started placing plates filled with food on the table.

The smell hits you before you can truly take in the sight, your mouth watering as you realize just how hungry you truly are. Did you have lunch today? You can't remember. All you know is you want to try some of those sausage links drizzled with syrup. Maybe some of those fluffy eggs too. Who knew breakfast for dinner would be so appealing after a long day?

The kitchen doors at the other end of the room swing open as Charlie backpedals out of it with pitchers that she's working hard not to tip over while trying to balance a stack of plates on each forearm. You and Husk both jump up to help her, just in time too since the moment she tries to turn the plates nearly topple. "Thanks guys!"

"Why didn't your dad just poof these out here with everything else?" Husk asks as you put the plate Charlie had been carrying on the table with everything else.

"I can handle some of the load, it's fine!" Charlie waves it off, ever optimistic as she grabs a cup from a stack that had just appeared with her dad's golden light and fills it with one of her pitchers. "Everything's almost ready, do you guys mind getting everyone else?"