60

"Dad?"

You roll over, reaching up for the snoozing face of Lucifer who had been wrapped around you all night while you both slept. You know now just how exhausted he truly was, because usually if someone calls his name or talks in the same room as he's sleeping, he's awake in an instant. But he's still out even as his own daughter calls from across the room. "Luci..."

Lucifer groans softly, but his eyes don't open, and he doesn't move. In fact, his arm that had been wrapped around your waist once more wraps around you and pulls you back against his chest. This time, your face against his collar bone as he continues sleeping.

The drapes blocking out the morning light draw back, and it takes a little wiggling to free yourself from Lucifer's strong grip and look up at Charlie at the open drapes with a concerned look. "He's still sleeping?"

"I think yesterday took more out of him than he wants to admit." You slip away from the cuddly little devil, after pulling the blankets back up over his body to spare him the embarrassment of knowing later Charlie saw him underdressed again. "Is something wrong?"

"No, no, I'm just checking on everyone. The other sins, besides Mammon, are still sleeping too." Guilt slowly bubbles up in your stomach knowing that all your friends used that much energy to help you. This was supposed to be their weekend together, and they spent one of the last days of it pouring magic and energy into a summoning circle for a being that's completely opposite them in nature.

"Are Mammon's "guests" still here?"

"What guests?" Okay, Charlie didn't know that Lucifer ordered hookers for Mammon to get him to leave everyone alone last night.

"Never mind, doesn't matter. Are you okay? You're up early considering."

"I'm fine! Dad didn't let me overwork myself too much yesterday, he kept taking over for me." You glance down at your sleeping king, that guilt fading away to soft warmth at knowing just how much he's willing to do for not just his daughter but you as well. But you watch as the king yawns, rolling over as his eyes finally open.

Guess the whispering between yourself and Charlie finally reached his exhausted sleeping mind. "Charlie?" Lucifer's eyes fall on her first, confusion painting his vermillion gaze before he sits up. "What's wrong, apple pie?"

"Nothing, dad. I just wanted to check in on you to make sure you're okay. All the other sins are still sleeping too." Lucifer fumbles tiredly for the nightstand, no doubt for his phone he tossed on it last night, so you grab it for him and pass it to him.

"It's seven already?" Lucifer asks through another yawn before leaning back into his pillows once again.

"Yeah. Uh, the chefs have breakfast ready. Mom uh... requested some things from them." You don't fail to notice the way Charlie glances between you and her father at mentioning her mom, who basically made herself right at home yesterday in ordering Lucifer's staff around like she still lives here.

Looking back to the devil who's truly the boss of his staff though, you see the way he's woken up a bit more at the mention of his ex who last night he said he wasn't happy to see for the first time in almost a decade. "Were you coming to see if I'd join you all?"

"No, it's okay. You're tired, you used a lot of energy yesterday. All of you did." Charlie quickly backs away from the topic of her mother, no doubt seeing her dad's discomfort with discussing his ex and her shared parent. "If you're not ready to get up yet, I can have the chefs prepare a plate for you both."

Honestly, you don't want to go to the dining room knowing her mom is there. Even if she and the rest of your friends are also out there, you'd feel awkward being in the same room as the former boss of the house staff. "If you don't mind, my apple pie. I'm not ready to get up yet." You rejoin Lucifer in the bed, content to just lay in bed with him while he sleeps instead.