65

You look down at the little velvet box on Lucifer's workbench, not sure this is the ideal thing to use to hold a necklace. "Lu, this looks like a ring box more than a necklace. You're going to give poor Vaggie and Charlie a heart attack if Vaggie thinks Charlie's popping the question." You advise the king sitting beside you working on a golden chain to go with whatever Charlie chooses for the main part of the necklace.

"I've never seen Vaggie wear a necklace before either, so I think that'll be the bigger focus."

"Don't say that to Charlie." Lucifer chuckles softly, continuing his process of entwining the two golden chains tightly. "Why this design?"

"The two chains entwined?" Lucifer asks, holding the chain out for you to feel the fine gold that's warm thanks to his hands working it. "To symbolize Charlie's and Vaggie's fates entwining."

"Aw, you're such a sweetheart." You wrap your king in a hug, kissing his cheek as he hums happily and slips an arm around your waist as well. "You'd give Chamuel a run for his money."

Lucifer snorts at that though. "No, Cham can keep his title as the Archangel of Love. I'll never be as mushy as him. Mine is just more sincere, since I've been graced with true love."

"Do I need to ask if it's me you're talking about?" Lucifer narrows his eyes playfully at you as he continues working on the chain. "Or is it the other--"

"Shush, bratty bird, you know it's you." You're giggling again as you sit down, pressing your back against his side to sit with him while he works. He started this last night after Charlie left, and you had to drag him out of his workshop just to get him to come to bed.

You know it's important though, he wants to do this for his daughter. Give her something truly worthy of an anniversary gift. "I wish I could create like you can."

"Sweetheart, I'm not using my magic for this. You can make things without magic."

"I know that, love. But you're better at it." Lucifer's chest puffs up proudly when you look over your shoulder at him, enjoying the praise. "Has Charlie shared anything more with you today?"

"They're going to get to Lu Lu World when it opens, spend the day there together. They'll have dinner at a new restaurant my people just opened there that looks out over the park, just in time for the nightly fireworks display, and she'll give Vaggie the necklace over dessert." It sounds more fitting a proposal than a four-year anniversary date.

"Honestly, Lu, she sounds more like she's proposing."

"If she chooses to, I'll give her the engagement ring I gave her mom then. But she hasn't said anything about proposing. I think she might be a little skittish about going that far." You turn to look at Lucifer directly with a raised brow at that. "Because of her mom and I."

"Ah." She's afraid to propose because her parents divorced after eons, and the divorce was horribly messy. It makes sense, you've seen that a lot on Earth where the children of divorced parents tend to have commitment issues themselves. "But you found love again, I think that's the better message than you and her mom divorcing."

"I'd agree. Hell, I'd even point out to Charlie how she can even think of Seviathan as her Lilith, but I don't think she'd appreciate that." You laugh at the idea, because you know Charlie would rather not be reminded of her ex.

"It's cute." Lucifer raises a brow at you this time as he continues weaving the chains together. "You're both on your second love, you and Charlie are so alike it's adorable."

"You'd almost think I was the one to carry her, wouldn't you?" You laugh at Lucifer as he waggles his brows at you teasingly, pressing yourself back into his side. "I'm really happy she's more like me than Lilith. I probably would have ended myself after the divorce if she was more like her mom."