34

"Why would you choose to fuck a sinner?" You look up from your laptop as Adam walks in, phone in front of his face with one hand and a huge drink in the other. "You have angelic royalty, the first fucking dick that started it all, and you choose a sinner who looks like a TV?"

"What're you talking about?" Adam turns his phone towards you, and you narrow your eyes when you see the news article he's reading about you and Vox. "That's created by him, it's not true."

"Oh yeah, babe? This kiss wasn't real?" Adam scrolls down, showing the Sinstagram picture from Ozzie's that brings back that foul taste of whiskey to your tongue. Your kind of glad you've barely seen Vox since Ozzie's, because you'd have choice words for him about this.

And now you know you can't fight back if he tries anything like he had before, because of him being a sinner, so keeping your distance is wise. "That was forced. Kind of like how you forced my soul apart with whatever you did." Adam's skeptical glare turns to a wicked smile at your jab at him.

"I didn't have to force you when you were with me, babe." As if on cue, because every time Adam makes comments like that, you notice Lucifer's golden magic swirl to life behind Adam as if preparing to bring Lucifer into this. "Why a sinner? They're worthless."

"They're still human souls, they aren't worthless." You correct him as you go back to typing, keeping an eye on Lucifer's magic just in case you need to defend Adam from his wrath though. "And he's my boss, so before insulting him again, I'd think about the fact he's the reason you have that phone."

Adam's brows furrow as he looks down at his phone, before he rolls his eyes and walks over to the couch by you and flops back onto it. "It's almost as gross as the idea of you and daddy's little disappointment having a thing." Daddy's little disappointment? Is he referring to Lucifer? "I knew you were more loyal than my first two wives though, babe!"

"While that's true, I'm not loyal to you." You're not going to deny your loyalty at the very least. Because Eve technically cheated on Adam with Lucifer, and Lilith abandoned Lucifer after thousands of years of a marriage you're highly questioning about the healthiness of. "I'm loyal to myself, my friends and creation."

"Total bummer. Even Sera was tired of how rarely you were in Heaven verses down on Earth with your favorite little pets." An image blinks through your mind, a large woman with six wings staring down at you in disappointment before you batted your wings and took off away from her.

"It was my job to protect them, not to sit and watch from the clouds. God created me to protect humanity, not sing and dance around in Heaven."

"He created you from a fragment of a tormented human soul and "a falling star"." Adam makes the air quotes before he loudly slurps down the rest of his drink. "But you never acted like the other angels or got with the program."

You have always had this sense of freedom in you demanding to never be anything anyone else wanted you to. Even if you feel like you failed at that since coming to Hell and doing what the Vees asked of you, it does make sense now. "Conformity is overrated."

"If you hadn't fallen because of me, you would have fallen eventually anyways. Just like that snake bastard did." And when you glance over at Adam again, you see the golden magic swirling to life just past the couch again, a silent warning. "I could only protect you from Heaven for so long, just saying. You should be grateful for me."

Totally. You're totally grateful for Adam sundering your soul and putting a collar on your neck. "Don't you have anything better to do than be a narcissist today?"

"Nope! You're stuck with me for eternity, babe!" You truly hope that isn't true... "Aren't you lucky!" Luck isn't how you'd describe it...

"And why me?" There's plenty of angels and ascended souls in Heaven he could have, but he chose to mess with your soul?