67

"If your short king stares any harder at you, you might burst into hellfire." You don't acknowledge Angel's whisper to you, you just focus on moderating the stream while Charlie and Vaggie talk to the camera about the hotel's mission. "Everything okay, toots? You two aren't fighting, are you?"

"Yes." You leave it short and simple, hoping Angel will just take it at that and leave it alone since he's supposed to showcase what life in New York was like in a few minutes. He's starting out, then Husk will be showing off skills that he learned in Vegas. Alastor won't get in front of the camera, because he won't even be picked up on it anyways, so Vaggie will be showing off some of Alastor's favorite dishes from New Orleans.

Then Charlie will be up to show some of the things she's learned from Earth that she enjoys the most, and that leaves time for volunteers to jump in with their favorite cultures from Earth. Charlie's hoping some of the sinners here today will give more examples from outside the United States, since that's where the hotel's permanent residents are from, but if she doesn't find any you'll likely jump in then.

You've seen every corner of the world, you're sure you could pick something out to share.

You do notice what Angel is talking about out of the corner of your eye though, how Lucifer keeps looking your way instead of at Lilith sitting beside him. As if waiting to see if you'll look at him, but you won't give him what he wants directly. He still never apologized for his accusation against you, a flower isn't an apology.

Not to mention he hasn't tried to explain what you saw between him and Lilith, and now hearing him call him darling doesn't help either. You're not getting stuck in some triangle between him and his ex, you deserve better than that. You don't deserve to feel like you're second best or a backup choice like you do right now.

"Does this have anything to do with tall queen?"

"Don't call her that, Angel, she's not the queen anymore." Even though she keeps acting like she is, she gave up that title when she abandoned her family.

"She's a bitch if she's trying to steal your short king. Don't let her get away with it, you fought for him and earned him fair and square." You wouldn't say you fought for Lucifer necessarily. You were there for him in a way no one else had been since his ex walked out on him. You showed him that he deserved love again, the first man you truly ever fell for in your long life.

And look how he's repaid you, accusing you of having something with Adam while he lets Lilith talk to him like they're together again. Let's her touch him when that's supposed to be your job.

"Lucifer feels threatened by how much I'm around Adam and insinuated that he and I have something going on." It's far deeper than Lilith's treachery, unfortunately.

"What? That prick, I should..." Angel stops when you clap your hand over one of his hands, stopping him from walking away from you and towards the king across the room. "That asshole is being ridiculous, Adam's the reason you died and ended up here." Not to mention, if you never gave in to Adam's advances in the eons before falling, you're not going to give in now. It's just not there for you, no matter how much Adam wants it to be.

"Lucifer has the audacity to accuse me of that, when you see how close he's been with Lilith." You mention without looking at the former queen sitting thigh to thigh with the king on a couch that has plenty of room to sit apart. "Whatever, at least I found out sooner than later that I was just the backup plan."

"Sweetie, you're no backup or rebound." Angel wraps an arm around your shoulders, leaning on you as you turn your eyes back to the stream on the computer. "We've seen how your short king looks at you, don't let her get to you. You're the one he's staring at right now, not her."