25

After Lust and everything that happened down there, you didn't expect to see Asmodeus for a while. You figured that the chaotic trip probably made him less likely to want to be involved in Hazbin as he said all that time ago.

"You're opening an Ozzie's in Pride, Uncle Oz?" Instead, he's already back and even brought his boyfriend who you've heard from Charlie he's almost obsessively protective of. "I'm so happy for you!"

"It took some convincing with your Daddy, but I think I caught him in a good mood when I asked the other day." Most days now Lucifer is in a good mood, so that's not a hard feat to accomplish. "And I want you all there for our grand opening!"

"Especially if you and Luci are gonna give us a show like last time." Fizzarolli waggles his eyebrows at you with a cheeky smirk, his tail wrapped around Oz's calf as he leans against his side on the couch. It reminds you of how Lucifer holds onto you with his tail whenever its out.

"I'm not drinking again. I'll be sober and enjoying it."

"Aww!" Asmodeus pats Fizz on the head and that pout is gone in an instant. And you can't help the way your heart warms at the way Fizz looks up at Asmodeus, as if he's the brightest star in the night sky and he never wants to look away. As if he can't look away, because his brightness is all encompassing of his vision.

And you wonder for a moment, is that what true love looks like? Looking at someone as if you're standing in a room bursting with people, but they are the only one you can look upon? You don't know if you've ever looked at someone like that, in life. If anyone ever looked at you that way, but you hope one day for what you see in the way Asmodeus and Fizzarolli as they look at each other.

Vermillion flashes through your mind, and you have to blink it away because even though you've gotten closer, even though you're both intimately familiar, you know his heart still belongs to Lilith.

"Oz!" Think of the devil, and he shall appear. Lucifer suddenly flies past you, landing on Asmodeus's couch on his free side with his arms folded behind his head. "Have you come to check on my little girl?" Lucifer asks as Charlie shakes her head beside you at her father's dramatic entrance.

They're both dramatic in their own right though. Charlie literally threw herself into Asmodeus's arms when he got here, Lucifer just landed next to him.

"I came to share our little venture with her and her friends, actually. But I do love to check up on my favorite little niece."

"I'm your only niece, Uncle Ozzie." You snort back a laugh at the way Asmodeus practically beams back at her for the comment. You wonder if the other sins are as close to Charlie as Asmodeus is. You hope to see it someday.

"So, can I expect you all to be there for the grand opening?" Asmodeus gets back to the original topic at hand. You don't mind going to Ozzie's, it was fun when you all went in Lust until you and Lucifer drank too much. Surely, it'll be different this time being sober.

"I'd love to be there for it."

"I would too, as long as the drinking is kept to a minimum this time." Vaggie's met with a dramatic whine from Fizz, who probably enjoyed the chaos of Lust the most of all of you.

"Not even just a few fizzy apple cocktails?" Lucifer's comment is met with a glare from you and Vaggie, but a laugh from Fizz and Asmodeus. "C'mon, songbird, they taste divine." Your glare only intensifies at the way he tilts his head at you, because you understand the underlying joke that goes over everyone else's heads.

"You can have a virgin fizzy apple." And you won't let him get the reaction he wants.

"But it's always fun to ruin virgins." Fizz and Lucifer combined make a chaotic combination that doesn't belong together if any of you want to keep your sanity.