46

"What's wrong with you?"

Lucifer groans, face planting into a pile of rubber ducks instead of answering your question about why he looks like he's been traumatized. Maybe that's why he keeps the piles of rubber ducks around, even though he hasn't made one in a long while now.

"Luce, is it something bad?" Usually, things that get under his skin are answered by him falling onto you, not a pile of rubber duckies. "Nothing's wrong with the hotel, or Angel, or Charlie, right?" You ask as you get up from his desk to go check on him.

"I just..." Lucifer's muffled voice trails off with a long groan that doesn't help answer anything for you.

You kneel beside the duckies and wait for him to roll over. "It can't be that bad."

"Charlie and Vaggie."

"What about Charlie and Vaggie?" You'll hope with this reaction it's nothing bad.

"Walked in on them." It takes you a moment to register what Lucifer is telling you, and when it does register you can't help but burst into laughter at the father's embarrassment. "Stop laughing!"

"You... You know she... haha!" Lucifer rolls out of the duckies to glare at you, and his disheveled appearance only makes it harder to stop laughing. "She's an adult, Lu!"

"She's my DAUGHTER! I don't WANT to see my darling baby girl like that! I don't even want to think about her doing that! She's supposed to stay my sweet, innocent little girl!" Lucifer laments as you continue laughing at his misery. He can't be serious? Charlie's hundreds of years old, and she's FAR from innocent! "Stop laughing, songbird!"

"You're delusional, dear." You manage through the laughter as Lucifer continues glaring back at you for enjoying his meltdown. "She... she's hundreds of years old. And lives in Hell!"

"I'm going to give you something else to do with that mouth of yours if you keep laughing." Oh, you're so sure.

"You probably can't get it up right now. Not without thinking about--"

"STOP!" You only laugh harder as Lucifer shuts down your attempt to bring back up his traumatic experience. But he crashes on top of you instead of lamenting in his rubber duckies, so at least he's moving. "Why do you torment me so?"

"Because it's fun and you deserve it. Besides, you love my laugh." You answer breathlessly as your laughter finally tapers off, smiling up at the king wrapping himself around your back and leaning down to press his face against your temple.

"I love more than your laugh, beautiful." Just like that, your heart that's been calm since he practically devoured you the other night is thrumming at the possible meanings behind those words. You guys haven't used the L word yet. Hell, you haven't even labeled your relationship. You know you're together, but you haven't specifically called each other partners or boyfriend or girlfriend.

You're both just kind of living and enjoying it, but you can't deny the idea of him using that word has your heart racing miles a minute. Because you're pretty sure you do love him. How couldn't you? He's your sweet, devious, cuddly, chaotic little devil.

"Why did you barge into your daughter's suite this early in the morning anyways?" You ask to change the subject, because while you're pretty sure you do love Lucifer, you'd like to at least establish the relationship with titles first before saying it.

"I had a gift to give her, but also some questions too. Ozzie called me yesterday asking about Charlie, since he's concerned that she wanted to know about sinner deals." Oh shit... Charlie didn't tell Oz to leave it between the two of them? "You don't know anything about it, do you?" Oh, why did he have to ask you?