51

You sink into the warm, bubbling waters with a delightful hiss at the soothing feeling against your skin. A day soaking in the sun and surf has left your skin feeling icky from the salt and scorching sun of Hell. And you have this entire hot spring to yourself, for the moment, so you can just enjoy the bubbling warmth.

"May I join you?" You tilt your head back, spying the familiar platinum blond hair of your partner that you left in the parlor fifteen minutes ago. Left him with Leviathan, for a seemingly important talk between the sins.

"You don't have to ask, Lu."

"I just... want to make sure the invitation is still open." Lucifer slips in with you though, closing the wide distance you'd created between yourself and the exit as you floated and relaxed in silent solitude. "How are you feeling?"

"This feels nice." Tonight, you're in the opposite hot spring in hopes that if Sev or Adam try to crash again, they'll go to that one and think you both just didn't go to the hot springs for your last night in Envy. "How are you feeling?"

"Like Hell's biggest asshole." You open your eyes that you let slide shut after Lucifer swam over to you, meeting his eyes. "I can't say I'm sorry enough, beautiful."

"Lucifer, I get it. I know you're still getting used to being without her, you were together for thousands of years. And it's only been seven." And you know your heart was being sensitive, when you want to be understanding of his struggle. "I'm sorry I ran off instead of talking about it with you right then and there."

"No, songbird, you have nothing to apologize for." Lucifer takes you into his arms within seconds, hugging into your back as he'd been in the ocean. Except this time, he's human, not a snake. "You did nothing wrong, I'm the one who let Adam rile me up and insulted our relationship. I know how you worry about my feelings towards her."

"I trust you, Luci." You tilt your head back against his shoulder, let him nose at your temple as his hands smooth over your sides. "I trust you when you tell me you're not in love with her anymore."

"I'm in love with you and you alone, my beautiful songbird." You let your eyes flutter shut to enjoy his warmth that rivals the hot springs. "I'll never go back to her; I'll never leave you for her. I'll spend eternity reassuring you that you're the only one I'm ever going to want."

"Promise?" Lucifer chuckles against your cheek, before nuzzling in as he'd been doing while he was a snake. "I'm not interested in Adam either, if you were worried."

"Beautiful, I stole two of his wives, do you think I'm worried about him stealing from me?" You swat his hand on your ribs as he cackles against your cheek. "Daddy Luci's got more game than the first man of humanity."

"Oh my god, don't call yourself that!" Lucifer only cackles harder, body shaking against yours as you smile at the stupid things he can say at times. At how much lighter he is now that you're alone and talking. "You're incorrigible."

"I am the devil, songbird." You roll your eyes at his pride about being beyond correction for his devious ways. You don't want him to change anyways, so it's fine. "I love you." Lucifer coos softly against your cheek, he's very cuddly tonight.

"I love you too, Lu." You turn your head just in time to catch him in a kiss. "You're extra cuddly today."

"My loving partner was teasing the hell out of me earlier with her bikini." You laugh against his lips as he pulls you infinitely closer. "Also, if you're referring to when I was a snake, snakes are cold blooded and seek out warmth."

"You're not an actual snake, Lucifer, that doesn't apply to you." Lucifer blinks back at you innocently for being called out on that excuse. "Also, your loving partner wasn't teasing you. She was enjoying the beach with your daughter while you talked to Leviathan and stayed on shore."