57

"Lucifer, go enjoy yourself with your family." You try for the umpteenth time to shoe him in the direction of Lev and Satan arm wrestling, while Bel reads on a tablet and Bee and Mammon chug down Bee's special juice. You've even tried shoeing him towards Oz and Fizz where they've been lounging together for the last hour, but he won't budge from your side.

"I want to spend as much time with you as I can, in case--"

"Luce." You catch his chin between your thumb and forefinger, silencing his anxious comment before it can fully come out. "You need to stay positive, my love. But if this is really too much for you, I won't--"

"No, I know you want to get all your memories back." Lucifer takes your hand from his face, entwining your fingers together. "I know you want answers, I know this means a lot to you."

"Not more than you mean to me." You remind him, smiling at the soft, warm look that replaces the anxious glint in his eyes. And Lucifer immediately kisses you, letting you press your palm over his anxiously thrumming heart again. "I won't do this with Bel and Satan if you don't want me to, love."

"This is the first time we've all been in the same place in a long time, I don't know when we will be together again like this." Lucifer admits against your lips, taking the opportunity to stay even closer now. "I don't know what would happen if I helped you alone, but with Bel and Satan who've had more recent experience with souls, I'd feel a little safer in this."

"Not enough though, based on this." You take a finger against his chest, where his heart thrums beneath your palm.

"My love, I'm always going to be anxious when something is happening with you." Lucifer says before giving you another quick kiss. "You're one of the most important people to me. I love you, and I don't want to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me, Lucifer." You promise him as he scoots infinitely closer to you on the couch, one of his hands coming up to hold yours against his chest. "Whatever happens, whatever I learn about my past, I'm still going to come back to you. My soul belongs with yours, because I love you too."

Your hands move to the back of Lucifer's neck as he leans in, resting his forehead against yours with a shaky sigh. You feel horrible that he's this anxious, this is supposed to be his weekend of fun with his sins. You'd much rather wait and let him enjoy himself, but Bel doesn't seem to want to hold off and Lucifer will feel guilty instead if you don't follow through.

"Brother, come join us!" Oz is the one who finally pulls Lucifer away from your side, literally in that he walks over and scoops Lucifer up with one hand. "You see your precious birdie every day, join us for a drink!"

"I'm not drinking Bee's juice; I don't want to feel like I want to die tomorrow." Lucifer gives you an apologetic smile though as he's dragged away, but you just wave him off with a smile. His sins want to enjoy the weekend with him too, and Oz is right. Lucifer sees you every day.

"What's going on with my dad? He's acting like you're leaving Hell." Charlie asks as you walk over to the large table where they're all setting up for Cards against Humanity at the request of Junior and Titus.

"Bel, Satan and Lucifer are going to try to use their magic to fix the damage to my soul tonight. He's worried that it could go wrong." You explain as Husk tosses cards all around the table, only to stop when Adam suddenly sputters and chokes on his slurpy.

"They can do that?" Vaggie asks as Husk throws his bar rag that he never goes anywhere without at Adam and continues tossing cards to you all.

"Bel says she has experience repairing damaged demon souls, so she's hoping combining her magic with Satan's who knows the most about human souls aside from Lucifer, and then having Lucifer's angelic magic also will make it less risky." You explain as you take your cards from the table where they've landed.