86

"So, the guy that Valentino was blindly referring to leads one of the worst gangs in Greed. That gang has caused more problems than the turf wars up here in Pride have caused in the last decade." Lucifer explains for you how he knew who Valentino was referring to when he openly despises the Greed ring.

"But how do you know about them? Have they caused problems elsewhere?"

"They're at the top of my list of suspects for the counterfeiting right now." Seriously? On top of potentially having dragged your son to Hell, this gang is also the ones Lucifer's suspecting is pedaling dangerous fake meds down to Sloth?

How far does this rabbit hole go?

Lucifer rubs a hand over his face, before plucking his fizzy apple cocktail off his desk and chugging it within seconds. "So, it wouldn't surprise me if they're involved in this. The thing is, we won't be able to just walk in and say hey, did you pull this kid down to Hell? They're scum, they're greedy little fucks that want everything and refuse to give anything in return." So, even Lucifer's illusion of money on the table may not work.

"But why would they want to drag a human soul down to Hell? They're hellbornes, they usually can't stand human souls I thought." Not to mention that as far as these demons would be aware, Elias can't leave Pride because of the restrictions on his soul. So, they'd get nothing out of pulling him down.

"I'm going to guarantee you that it goes above them. Most of these gangsters are imps and demons from Envy, loan sharks and that sort. So, if they're venturing into my ring now, they're probably being paid to do it by someone way above them in power and money." So, another Hellborne to add to the already massive pool of potential suspects.

But why? What is Elias to these demons? How would they have even known about him when most demons can't leave the pit without immense power or a crystal from Oz? And you know Oz would never go along with something like this, so you can easily check him off the rapidly growing list of suspects.

Lucifer's brows furrow, before he sets his empty glass down and extends his now free hand towards you. You take his hand in yours, letting him pull you to sit on his lap as he sighs. "So, what do we do now? We obviously need to get a name out of those gangsters, but how are we going to manage that if they're not as moronic as Valentino is?" You ask while Lucifer lays his head back against his chair.

"I'll have to think of something. Obviously, we can't rely on Mammon for help with his own ring." Obviously. The only person Mammon helps is himself, from what you've learned about the sin of Greed. "And you and Charlie aren't going to let me get my hands dirty, even though these gangsters are some of the worst of the worst of Hell."

"While technically I don't have to protect demon souls, as proven by how some died when my wings reflected their bullets that day that they attacked Vox and I, you should be referring to Charlie more than me." You would never agree with him murdering the demons that are as deplorable as he makes them sound, but you need to look at every avenue of possibilities on how to get the information from the gangsters.

"I wish it had just been someone here in my ring. I'd fuck them so hard they'd never even think of us again."

"Fuck them up, darling."

"What did I say?" You roll your eyes playfully down at your little devil. One day he'll maybe realize his improper phrasing at times, but today is obviously not that day.

"Is there a way to track who goes between Hell and Earth?"

"Unfortunately, no. There're so many crystals just floating around at this point, it's impossible to keep track of who has one." Dammit! "I'm sorry to say, my love, but Elias might be stuck down here with us for a little longer than we thought."