81

"Wanna take a nice hot bath together?"

"Are you trying to come up with ways to keep us from going to see Velvette today, Lucifer?" You're met with an innocent blink that doesn't convince you at all that he's not up to something. "If you'd like--"

"I already have the tub running!" Yeah, you're not going to let him stop you from going to see Velvette later with Elias and Charlie.

But you join Lucifer in the large bath anyways, Lucifer sitting behind you and resting his chin on your shoulder as you let the tub fill with warm, foamy water since he poured in some bubble bath. "You're not stopping us from going later, Lu."

"Who said I was trying?" You lean back against his chest, looking at him over your shoulder. "I just want to be close to you, my love."

"Mhm, suuurrreee." Lucifer hums softly against your cheek before kissing you, squeezing you in closer as he uses his magic to turn off the water. "Luci, I love you, things will be fine. I was going to send Velvette a message asking her to meet us at a nearby restaurant, so we wouldn't have to go to the Vee's tower anyways."

"You were? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Maybe because you didn't give me a chance before you pulled me into the bathroom." Lucifer chuckles before leaning back into the water finally. "How do you still have all your hair? How haven't you gone bald from stress?"

"Rude!" You laugh as you lean back with Lucifer, letting the warm bubbly water wrap around you as Lucifer's hand squeezes at your hip for the teasing comment. "I work hard for these luscious locks I was gifted with! They're not going to fall out just because I worry for you and my daughter."

"It explains why I haven't pulled any out by now with all the times you've asked me to pull your hair, too." Lucifer chuckles hotly against your shoulder, showing you more than saying that he enjoys the reminder of your fun together.

"Want me to give you a reason to pull on it right now?"

"Lucifer Morningstar." Lucifer laughs openly this time, because you both know he's still trying to distract you from going anywhere near Vox and Val. It's ridiculous, considering you see Vox every week anyways.

"I'm not trying to stop you anymore!" At least he admits to trying to stop you from seeing Velvette today with Elias and Charlie. "Honestly, it would feel weird doing anything intimate together right now."

"What? Why?" He's not feeling like he doesn't deserve it again, is he?

"Because your son is right downstairs, my love." Oh. Yeah, that is a good point. It would feel a bit weird to do anything knowing Elias could come knock on your door at any moment. Not to mention you wouldn't want him to potentially hear it.

"Okay, you have a good point." Lucifer snorts back a laugh but doesn't do anything more as he strokes a hand up and down your arm. Just enjoys the nice soak together in the tub. "I'm surprised you'd want to use this new bathtub you made with our new bathroom over using the manor's tub, Lu."

"I figured you wouldn't agree. You're set on meeting with Velvette, and you haven't wanted to go too far from where Elias is at any time." Again, Lucifer isn't wrong. Your son is safest with you, so you don't want either you or Lucifer to get too far from him in case whomever brought Elias down here decides to show themselves. "Besides, this is still nice."

You smile as Lucifer presses a kiss to your temple, turning your head to meet his eye before he steals a kiss instead. "It is, thank you for the suggestion, love."

"Want me to get your hair?"

"I'll do yours for you after. I know how much you love the pampering." Honestly, you know she was his first love and all, but you don't know how Lucifer spent millennia with Lilith. All the things that he loves for you to do with him are things she wouldn't indulge in, and it speaks volumes about who brought the most to that relationship.