77

The first warning that Velvette being here you should have noticed was the silence of the lost ones in the back of your mind. That's always the warning that something is about to happen, you somehow missed it in the chaos of game night.

But now, after slipping past Lucifer's overprotectiveness and flying out a window to find it's not just Velvette that was standing at the end of the hill of the hotel, you realize that the silence wasn't because the partner of the two biggest dangers to your friends is here.

Your wings bristle as you hear Adam and Lucifer leap out of the window after you, but all you can focus on is the feeling of electricity crackling over your skin as you fly down towards Velvette standing at the gate with someone much taller than her.

Because the whispers knew who that is before your soul can catch up. They've always been with you, from the moment of your creation, so of course they were with you in life on Earth.

You land in front of Velvette in a flash, your wings bristling and flaring wide behind your back as she stares back at you with wide, surprised eyes. But the soul towering over her beside her is all you can focus on as you feel that final piece of your soul that's been missing from the healing process finally snap into place.

"Velvette..."

"Woah, calm down, I'm not here to fight like Val always wants to!" You can feel your Guardian Angel power flaring in you, and a shield snaps up around you three to block everyone else out who may intervene. Without thought, completely subconscious.

Just as you subconsciously tore a shard of your soul off when you died that last time on Earth, left it behind as you fell.

"Velvette..."

"Where are we? You said you were bringing me to--"

"I did! This is her!"

Elias, the reason for why you died that last time on Earth. The best reason for losing your life.

Because what parent wouldn't give their life for their baby? What parent doesn't give up a part of their soul the day that new life is created?

And because of the nature of everything that had happened, of how damaged you were, you even managed to hide him and his existence from yourself until he was standing right in front of you.

"What did you do?" You snap your eyes away from your son and to Velvette, because he doesn't belong here. Your son should have never fallen, because he had a fragment of your soul with him protecting him. Which means if he's down here, in Hell where he doesn't belong, someone had to have brought him here by force.

"I didn't do anything! I brought him to you, because he... He knew your name, and he even looks like you!" Your son knew your name? How? You never shared your angelic name with him in life, only your human one. And he was a baby when you died for him, too young to remember you let alone a name.

But he's not a baby now. How much time has passed on Earth versus down here in Hell? Does time in Hell move slower than above?

"I know I work with Vox and Val, but I... I can't agree with this. I can't agree with someone ripping someone else's son down here. I'm not a monster." In the rage bubbling in your chest and your soul at seeing your son in the last place he should have ever seen; you see for a moment that girl that had bruises on her neck and was unusually quiet.

Velvette isn't like Vox or Valentino.

"Who are you?" You understand now what Lucifer feels when he's filled with more rage than a soul should ever feel, only to have it doused with water in seconds at the sound of the soul that gave your life new meaning. Because you hid this truth from yourself even when your soul was damaged, you damaged yourself further just to protect him.