70

You didn't think dinner where you hardly had anything to say over business talks would leave you so exhausted... It was a nice change, to have Lucifer sitting beside you instead of hidden on you as a snake, but those two men when they started talking about business after you barely assured Vox, you'd be fine, did not stop for well over an hour.

You still don't understand why Lucifer wants to do business with the man you know he despises, but you're sure he'll explain when you ask. But you're exhausted right now, you're tired from the movie night where Lilith hardly took her eyes off you and Lucifer snug together on an armchair. You're tired from the energy that usually of your friends. You wish you were back at full health already...

"Songbird?" You let your eyes inch open to see Lucifer in the open bedroom door, surprised he's back already. He sent you to bed through a portal while he helped clean up after the movie was over. While he talked to Charlie about his plans for tomorrow and likely had to endure Lilith trying to talk to him, again.

You feel bad for Adam, because you can see he's tired of enduring Lilith by how quiet he's been and how he's barely glanced your way. But you can't help when you need help walking, and Lucifer is the first one to help.

"Yes, love?"

Lucifer walks over to his side of the bed, and you watch as he snaps away his clothes down to his boxers with his magic. "Are you ready to crash, my love?" You open your arms up to your little devil, and he smiles down at you before crawling into bed and lying beside you so you can snuggle into his side.

"Did you need something first?" You ask once you're comfortable against his warmth, Lucifer's fingertips tracing patterns against the soft flesh of your hip.

"I just wanted to check on you. You seemed exhausted when I helped you to bed." You are exhausted. "Do you need anything? A drink, a massage?"

"Cuddles are good." Lucifer chuckles softly, pulling the blankets up over your bodies with his tail before wrapping his tail around your calf to smooth over you like his hand is doing on your hip. "Did you talk with Charlie?"

"When Lilith wasn't trying to interrupt, yes." You open your eyes, looking up at Lucifer's face staring back at you with a soft warmth in his eyes. "She wants the three of us to go to lunch tomorrow. The hotel is still low on business thanks to the shooting, so Charlie has the time. I just don't want to leave you here left while my ex keeps trying to convince us to give up Charlie's dream." You lean up, kissing Lucifer on the cheek as he hums happily.

"If you want to do it, you can. If you want to go to lunch with Charlie, I'll be fine with that."

"But you don't like Lilith alone with me anymore than I do."

"I don't like when she puts her hands on you, like trying to touch your face or chest or down near your belt." Lucifer takes your hand that's been lying over his heart into his own hand, dragging it down his chest with a cheeky smile. "That's my job to touch you."

"And you're the only one allowed."

"Have you told Charlie about any of this?" Lucifer looks away with a guilty sigh, and you feel bad because you know he wants Charlie to enjoy her time with Lilith. But none of you know when she's even leaving now. Especially post-shooting, she's said nothing about leaving. If she's not with Charlie, she's trying to talk to Lucifer alone or she's likely with Adam, based off his exhaustion you've seen.

"I don't--"

"Lu, she will understand. She has to see that her mom is trying to get you alone, and she doesn't want you to be uncomfortable." Charlie would be more upset that this is being kept from her than knowing her mom is breaking her dad's boundaries routinely. She'd probably stand up for Lucifer in a heartbeat, because she knows personal boundaries are important.