88

"Lu, can I ask you a question?"

"Yes, my love?" Lucifer asks as he lets his magic clean up the chaos of your shared suite, the golden light cleaning up the mess that Ortho left in his wake from playing with Elias and Charlie earlier.

"Do you... think Elias should know why I was on Earth? How he truly came to be?" You ask before Lucifer turns to you with a raised brow at the question.

You haven't told him much yet about your talk with Adam, only that it went better than expected. You haven't had a chance to get in depth with him, with dinner and family and such, but this question just keeps nagging away at your mind.

"That depends." Lucifer walks over to you, abandoning his perch at the balcony railing where he's been monitoring the cleaning process. He sits instead on the edge of your desk, where you've been trying to sort through his paperwork for him for something to keep yourself occupied. "Is this something you're considering because you want to keep Adam from him, or because you genuinely think Elias wants to know the truth?"

"Lucifer, you know me better." Lucifer shrugs but doesn't say anything, just waits for you to answer. "I... If he's going to know who his birth father is, I think he deserves to know the truth. But at the same time, I don't want his image of his own creation to be tarnished. What could that possibly do to someone to know they're the product of rape?"

"It could be damaging; I won't deny that." See, that's why you don't want to! "But at the same time, it could also give him some perspectives on things. Elias might look at it and realize you've been through a lot like him, that you did a lot for him. He might look at Adam and realize he doesn't want to have him in his life, or he might want to understand why he did what he did."

You frown, because you understand what Lucifer is trying to clarify for you. The possibilities of how Elias could react to the revelation of your past with Adam could go one way or another, there's no way to know without giving it a shot and telling Elias.

Lucifer frowns, before hopping off your desk and rounding it to scoop you up out of your chair. "I'm sorry, my love, I'm just being honest with you." You let Lucifer take your spot, sitting on his lap instead. "If you're hesitant about telling him, don't tell him just yet. Give it a little more time, just think on it more, and then decide if he needs to know what Adam did to you."

"I don't want him to feel like we're hiding things from him, Lu."

"My love, we've been hiding that he's being targeted by demons in Hell since he got here."

You honestly sometimes hate it when Lucifer is right... "I made a deal with Adam that I'd let him get to know Elias if he and I talked more first, but I... What if Elias asks about why Adam is down here too? Or why hasn't he talked to him yet? Or why he and I--"

"Beautiful, relax." Lucifer stops your rambling with gentle hands on your shoulders, so you take a moment to take a breath and calm your racing thoughts. "There are infinite possibilities, but right now just focus on talking to Adam first. The more you overthink, the worse you worry yourself. Trust me, I know the feeling."

"Still don't know how you're not bald yet." Lucifer rolls his eyes playfully back at you, before slipping his arm around your waist instead. "Do you mind if we go to our room early tonight, dear? I just..."

"Of course I don't mind!" You're lucky Lucifer has a rational side to combat his usual devious little devil antics. Only Lucifer can calm down your inner turmoil about telling your son that his father kidnapped you for nearly a century then forced himself on your broken mind, ending in conception.