37

"Songbird!" All it took was a hug. All it took was a hug to break that distance that had grown between you and Lucifer since your fallout. All it took was a hug to truly let the healing begin.

"No, I'm not telling you, Lu." You answer back to Lucifer as he calls from the landing above, where he was supposed to be grabbing Ortho since he scampered up the stairs away from you both. It feels strange to migrate from spending time in your room to spending time in Lucifer's suite, but it's refreshing at the same time.

"Why? You'll let Adam know what's going on but not the shared parent of your baby Ortho?"

"You say that as if you fucked me and he's our actual child." And the jokes that you once shared are slowly starting to come back, no longer as painful as before.

"I mean, I did fuck you, but..."

"Shush, you pervy snake!" Lucifer's laughter echos down to you from the landing above as you continue tapping away at your laptop. You haven't gone back to the Vee's tower since Vox assaulted you last. He hasn't asked you to, he's been focused on the show in a few days, and you've been doing your work from home.

It's better anyways, because Adam has asked daily if you're going back and you suspect it's because he wants to put his guitar through Vox's face instead of playing along with your plans. At least Lucifer has held up his promise of not asking what happened anymore, he's been very attentive with making sure your wings have been fine too.

You look up from the coffee table you've taken over as your workspace as you hear the front door open and shut, looking over to see nothing. Weird... Adam's not here right now, he's with Charlie today for a trust exercise. The only ones who should be in the entire hotel should be you and Lucifer, in fact.

You flinch when you hear something whirring behind you, looking over your shoulder to see another love bot. When did he get another? "Luce?"

"I can't fucking find him! Ortho!"

"Lu, when did you get another robot?"

"Huh?" The robot looks different than the other two, this one doesn't look like Fizz with a hat yanked down over its face like the others did. It's a female imp, with small little wings on its back. Didn't Lucifer say Mammon's been bugging him about a new design for his robots?

Lucifer is downstairs within seconds, and his annoyed glare at the robot tells you more than the silent robot waiting on the couch does. "I'm gonna kill Mammon."

"Did he just send this up here without asking?"

"MM-HM!" Lucifer turns away from you, but the robot immediately is off the couch following him like a lost puppy that's imprinted on a new owner. "I'll be back, text me if you need anything!"

"Don't break this one with your teeth, Lu. If I start hearing something from your room--"

"Oh, fuck you!" You laugh at him as he flips you off over his shoulder, stalking back up the stairs towards his workshop with the robot in tow.

It feels good to be able to be close to Lucifer again without that ache in your chest. Of course, you're still fighting your heart about your feelings, but at least it's not about him turning on you anymore. Because he's proven himself that he doesn't mind you being a fallen angel, he even helped you yesterday get some more information from Adam about your past.

Ironic that you were created because of what Adam's son did to creation. Created to protect the line of Seth, to protect Noah and his family as they ferried what God wanted protected through the floods. And it made so much more sense, why your first descent to Earth was met with endless waters. The more you learn, the more other things make sense.