43

"This is your fault."

"My fault?!"

You laugh at the offended devil as he drops his pants, stands in front of you in just his soaked pair of heart patterned boxers. "You're the one that started it, Lu. It's not my fault you slipped and fell in!"

"You let me fall in! Ow, my heart. The woman who stole it let it slip from her hands so easily just because she didn't want to fall into the pond with me!" You laugh again, only to shriek when he shakes out his wings and gets pond water everywhere.

"Lucifer!" He gets the laugh this time, before taking a running jump into the large bath you'd promised to join him in to clean his wings of the pond scum. "I should make you wash off alone!"

"You know you want to get in too. The other night you didn't want to get out." You roll your eyes at him before stripping down to get in. And you flip the king off when he whistles at you as you toss your underwear to join his boxers in the pile on the floor, carefully slipping into the water. "Have I told you your beautiful enough tonight?"

"It feels less sincere when you say it as I'm floating naked in front of you." You say as you swim over to the far end of the tub to grab a washcloth for his wings.

"That's when it's most sincere, beautiful." Lucifer's body presses against your back just as you grab the washcloth, hot breath competing with the warmth of the water at your neck. "Because this is you at your barest form, and I still find you breathtaking."

"Charmer." Lucifer chuckles against your neck before you turn around to assess just how bad his wings are. "You want me to preen them in here, or once we get out?" You ask as you reach for his biggest wing to start scrubbing his wings clean.

"I was being honest. You are beautiful." Lucifer continues though even if you change the topic. "I don't know how it took me so long to realize you're an angel, that should have been the first hint. No sinner has ever looked even a quarter as beautiful as you." And the fight against your heart and the flush of warmth to your face is lost at his sincerity.

You look down to meet his eye instead of looking at his wings, just in time for him to lean up and kiss you with a soft chuckle against your lips. "Is this your plan? Get me flustered while I try to clean your wings for you?"

"Maybe a little." Lucifer yelps and jerks away from you when you pinch his wing between your thumb and forefinger. "Rude!"

"You're the one being a little devil."

"I am the devil!" You have the last laugh this time as you circle around him to get better access at his wings. "I'm sorry the date got cut short, songbird."

"I don't think it did. I think we just migrated from the garden to your jacuzzi tub." You correct his apology as you gently wash his largest wings, letting yourself enjoy the warm bubble of the water around you too.

"Did you enjoy it though?" Lucifer asks as he looks over his shoulder at you. "Usually there's demon ducks in the pond around this time of year, I was hoping to show them to you. My bad luck they weren't here..."

"Luci, it was beautiful regardless. I'm sure you'll get a chance to show me the ducks some other time." Him and his love of ducks. You're surprised he didn't appear to Eve as a duck instead of a snake. "All we need is each other for it to be a lovely date, Lu."

"Where were you eons ago?" You giggle at his soft lament, continuing to scrub his wings clean. "Can I... Would it be weird to talk about something from my past?" You understand without him saying her name what he's asking.

As much as you don't want her to be a part of this, because this is your time together, you don't want him to feel like he has to hold anything in with you. "If you feel comfortable enough to, go ahead."