8

Y'all spammed the comments in an amazing six hours, feast!

*

You knew Valentino was crazy from the day you met him, but you never thought he'd be crazy enough to risk the life of one of his supposedly most valuable actors. You knew he'd hurt and even kill Vox or Velvette's employees, but never his own.

So, when his wings flap around him to lift him up, you don't even have time to register anything else but the fact that Angel was pushed that final distance over the railing of the balcony. You don't notice anything but the fact that your body is moving too, before you fling yourself after Angel as he screams.

Air rushes around you as you reach Angel seemingly in a blink, and the next thing you feel is a rush the moment your arms wrap around him. Like a rush of energy through your body, almost like when Vox moved you around with his electricity. Except this rush isn't uncomfortable like then.

Suddenly, the rush of energy through you leaves you feeling weightless, and the rush of blood and wind through your ears dissipates as you open your eyes and realize your descent after Angel has halted. That you've both halted and are floating.

A flutter of gold and white dances at the edge of your vision as you lift your face from where it fell against Angel's chest when you grabbed him. With a glance down at the ground past Angel's body that's clinging to you as well, you watch as feathers flutter and fall to the ground below.

It only takes you another moment to realize the feathers are coming from behind you, looking over your shoulder to see brilliant ivory and golden wings had sprung from your back and stopped your fall.

You...you have wings? You have wings, and you stopped Angel from falling with them. You saved Angel from that bastard moth man.

A crackle of energy and anger races over your skin like goosebumps as you look back to Angel, who's once terror filled face is as shocked as you feel before your wings stop fluttering and you start to float softly down towards the ground that you were pretty sure a second ago was going to be splattered by you and Angel.

Angel's six arms slowly loosen from around you just before your feet touch back down on the ground, but he doesn't let go and neither do you because your legs wobble despite the energy coursing through you like electricity. Your heart is still hammering away so hard in your chest you're sure if you didn't already die and come to Hell, you would have died from that alone.

You feel a hot spark at your back and look back just in time to see Vox materialize behind you with a maniacal look on his face. "I knew there was power in you somewhere!" What? What does he mean by that?

Angel lets go of you as you realize the paparazzi that's always lurking around Vee tower is closing in on you, cameras flashing as you hear a flutter at your other side.

Your anger returns tenfold when Valentino lands and tries to take Angel by an arm, your wings swinging out and pushing him back just as he did to Angel up on the balcony. For the first time since you showed up in this hell, you feel powerful as you spread your wings wide just as Valentino did to you.

Before Valentino can do more than narrow his eyes on you, Vox intervenes as he wraps an arm around you and yanks you with him towards the approaching media. You're blinded by the flashing of lights, still so disoriented by the fact you suddenly have wings that you don't even catch what half of the demons in front of you are trying to ask because you still only hear your blood rushing in your ears.

"We had an unfortunate accident on our balcony, but as you see my lovely assistant saved the day. Even new sinners can flourish and come into their true power with VoxTek!"