74

"What's this?"

"That would be one of Velvette's love potions. Why do you have this?" You ask as Lucifer glares down at the love potion bottle that you haven't seen in a while but would recognize anywhere. They're essentially a suped up roofie, and you tried asking Velvette at one point why she would make something like that when her brand was fashion.

But all you got in response was it's good for business and to just ignore it, so you did since Vox was who you were technically working for.

"Remember when I told you last night guys were staring at you at the club?" You snort back a laugh at the memory, because Lucifer ensured your only focus was on him with the long night of passionate sex. "I noticed one of the guys pouring this in a drink. I asked Oz to get the bottle after the guy tossed it."

"The drink wasn't intended for me, was it?"

"No idea, he was thrown out before he could get very far, and the drink dumped." Huh, you're surprised you didn't hear about this last night. "But it got me thinking, products made by overlords don't leave my ring often. But since the Vees came into power, their products are flourishing."

"And you think maybe they have something to do with the counterfeiting issue or the bullet? Because angelic steel bullets are made by Carmine, not the Vees."

"I'm not sure, I'm looking at everything right now from some of the oldest demons in Hell to the freshest souls to fall to the pit." Lucifer admits, sitting on the edge of your desk for only half a second before you stand from your chair to offer it to him instead. As soon as he sits, he pulls you onto his lap, only to let out a low hiss.

"Still sore, love?" Lucifer narrows his eyes up at you playfully, while you grin down at him. "Need an ice pack?"

"I've been sitting with one at my desk already." You laugh when you realize he's being serious. "I don't know, am I stretching by thinking that this shooting and the counterfeiting might have something in common?"

"I don't know, love. Has this ever been an issue before? Hell has always been chaotic, hasn't it?" Lucifer shrugs, leaning back in your chair with a frustrated look in his eyes that you just want to wipe away.

"It's one of its principal natures, but typically demons and sinners are smart enough to stay as far away from me and my family as possible." It makes sense, considering he is the all-powerful king of this realm. Even if he doesn't look or act like it. "If things like this happened before, it was usually handled without me ever being told of it. I only just recently got back into acting like a king again, remember."

"Darling, I'm sure you've always acted like the spoiled king you are. I think the better phrasing for that is that you only just recently started paying attention to what's going on in your realm again." Lucifer rolls his eyes playfully up at you, sticking his tongue out at you before you kiss that smirk off his lips.

"Depression's a bitch." You frown at Lucifer's reasoning for not paying attention, kissing him on the forehead. "But it's easy to ignore when I have my daughter to think about. Oh, and this beautiful angel sitting on my lap."

"Careful, little devil. Don't want to get started again so soon when you're still icing yourself from last night." Lucifer chuckles softly, before pulling you down to wrap his arms around you better. "Do you want my help at all with your investigation?"

"No, at this point I feel like I'm just grasping at straws." You give Lucifer a small smile at his frustrated frown. "I should be with Charlie asking what she'd like for her wedding, instead I'm sitting on an ice pack in my workshop getting pissed over demons and sinners."